Live DB

Forums: Live DB
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Live DB

Postby samhal » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:38 pm

samhal Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:38 pm
This morning, at about the time I settled down for some poser/octane time, my internet connection burped. I pressed on not knowing how things would work out...I was afraid the plugin would fail the authentication process, but it came up as usual. Live DB however would not initialize. Even when internet was restored, Live DB was down. Killing the plugin and relaunching it did not help. I had to kill poser and start from the begining for LiveDB to work again.

Anyway, is there anyway to move Live DB materials this into local stores to prevent this from happening? If my cable goes out for awhile, I'd still like the use of the materials.

Thanks,
Sam
i7 6800K (6 core), 24 GB, GTX 1080 8gb, Titan X 12gb
samhal
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Live DB

Postby face_off » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:09 pm

face_off Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:09 pm
Hi Sam

I have heard that the LiveDB does not re-initialise once the connection has failed. I will check this out. The materials "cache" now, so that they load quickly (if you have loaded them previously), but they still require an internet connection to access the "master list" - and that is probably not something that should be changed.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Poser