Noise help

Forums: Noise help
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Noise help

Postby bpzen » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:47 pm

bpzen Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:47 pm
I am trying to figure out again how to get rid of noise for indoor renders.

This has 1 HDRI light ouside the building, (Gama 1 / Power 3) 4 windows at opacity .1, PMC with direct lighting importance lowerd (with out that the light coming in on the floor looked like spattered paint) the lockers have a lot of noise after 10,000 passes and no diff visually I gve up.

The only other light source is amesh Emittter top right front of the girl made using the script. Blckbody at about 25 power and scaled up to 1000%

I get this often in doors on surfaces like this. (warning boobs showing in image) Im rendering in DAZ with Reality and see less noise in first 30 min of render.

http://erotic3dx.com/blog/02272014/carina2j.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Win 7 64bit, Titan 6 Gig and GTX770 4Gig, Intel 3.75GHZ, 24Gig RAM, Poser 2014 patched
bpzen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Noise help

Postby TRRazor » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:04 pm

TRRazor Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:04 pm
You say that the light did look like spattered paint on the floor if you didn't set down the direct light importance.
Did you try leaving the direct light importance where it was and instead try to adjust the fstop value in the "camera" setting of OctaneRender in order to reduce the brightness in the image ?

The problem you might have seems to come from overexposing the image with "too much" light. I already used the DAZ locker room in an image you can see here:

NUDITY WARNING
https://s3.amazonaws.com/bw-1651cf0d2f737d7adeab84d339dbabd3-gallery/media/folder_251/file_2507476.jpg
/NUDITY WARNING

In order to not get those extreme noise artifacts I simply removed the glass panels in front of the windows and let the light stream in the room without having to pass through the glass first. That allowed to render with much lower light power values.

Also maybe try to decrease the specular values on the lockers and increase the roughness a bit.

Let me know if any of this helped ya! :)
W10 64 bit | i7 3770K | MSI Geforce RTX 2080 (8GB) + GTX Titan Black (6GB) | 32 GB DDR3 RAM
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bpzen » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:07 pm

bpzen Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:07 pm
Thanks T

I will give it a shot, did you use one HDRI in this?

I seem to run into issues when using emitters, using the scrpt and all

I do like the way your lockers look much better :) ill mess with it tonight

On the glass, you mean set opasity to 0 or import into 3DS MAX or and detach them / delete them they aer not seperated parts in poser, but octane sees them as seperate materials

Win 7 64bit, Titan 6 Gig and GTX770 4Gig, Intel 3.75GHZ, 24Gig RAM, Poser 2014 patched
bpzen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bpzen » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:38 pm

bpzen Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:38 pm
im re rendering it with the windows at 0 opasity and the locker materials fom the Live DB, i tweeked the original materials to lower roughness and higher spec but im thinking it was that more than anything causing the grainy look.

let you know in an hour

bpzen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TRRazor » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:39 pm

TRRazor Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:39 pm
Hey there,

there's actually no HDRi at all in that scene. The light light sources are one sided planes only. Set them to diffuse and then attach a Black Body emitter to them. I set those up in front of the windows (Can't really remember how many windows there are in that room, I think it was 4). Then I selected the window material in Octane (via the material picker in the left upper corner of the rendering viewport) and set the Opacity of that material to 0.0 (basically invisible).

That way the specular material of the glass doesn't interfere with the light, which otherwise would really slow down your render.

I don't really use the script that turns Poser lights into emitters at all and mainly use primitive meshes form the poser props section to light my scenes. Usually spheres, and one sided planes do the trick just fine. (Which is actually what your poser lights are, once you run the script over them - one sided planes ;) )
W10 64 bit | i7 3770K | MSI Geforce RTX 2080 (8GB) + GTX Titan Black (6GB) | 32 GB DDR3 RAM
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:51 pm

face_off Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:51 pm
There are different types of noise, so would be good to see a sample of the noise render. If it's just happening of certain surfaces, try reducing the specular for that surface. Also, set hot_pixel to 0, caustic_blur to 1. You can also adjust the "Sampling rate" of the emitter (try increasing it). If the light is coming from the HDRI to the interior, set the opacity of any glass/windows to 0.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Poser