modify a shader on multiple different objects

Forums: modify a shader on multiple different objects
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: modify a shader on multiple different objects

Postby Andygraph3D » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:58 am

Andygraph3D Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:58 am
1) example i have 3 object in poser scene:
sphere, cube, cone (but i can to have many many more objects)

2) load the scene in octane plugin
and apply a shader from livedb to sphere

3) then i save this shader as "save octane mode to poser material"

4) in poser material a see all node create from octane plugin ..

5) now in poser material room i copy only this new node and paste on other object
(for make it with many objects i need a python script ..)

6) then i need refresh the poser scene with new nodes in poser plugin, but how ?
If i try to re-import scene i have a error
Andygraph3D
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:06 pm

face_off Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:06 pm
if i try to re-import scene i have a error

What error are you getting pls?
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby samhal » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:18 pm

samhal Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:18 pm
I'm going to take a stab at this and I could be way wrong, but...

Let's say I have a table, 2 chairs, a desk, and oh...a china cabinet. I want to change all of them to the same wood material found in LiveDB. It would be nice to be able to select all the "props" in the plugin and make the change all at once, vice individually.

I think anyway. If I'm wrong, please ignore this post. It's 6AM and I haven't had my coffee yet. :shock:
i7 6800K (6 core), 24 GB, GTX 1080 8gb, Titan X 12gb
samhal
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:24 pm

face_off Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:24 pm
Let's say I have a table, 2 chairs, a desk, and oh...a china cabinet. I want to change all of them to the same wood material found in LiveDB. It would be nice to be able to select all the "props" in the plugin and make the change all at once, vice individually.

Yes, this would be nice, however Poser has no provision for selecting multiple props/figures, so this is very complex to implement in the Octane plugin. I think this functionality is far better served by some of the other plugins available which allow you to load a Poser MAT pose into multiple props. Just save the Octane Material to the Poser Material, save the Poser Material, then load it into multiple props.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby samhal » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:31 pm

samhal Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:31 pm
I'm not understanding the connection between Poser and the plugin in this instance, but I take it it's not programmatically possible to select the diffuse channels across different 'objects' in the plugin at the same time because of Poser's shortcommings.
samhal
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:03 pm

face_off Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:03 pm
I'm not understanding the connection between Poser and the plugin in this instance, but I take it it's not programmatically possible to select the diffuse channels across different 'objects' in the plugin at the same time because of Poser's shortcommings.

Yes, you can programmatically allow the selection of multiple items in the tree - however what then happens when you select multiple items and "Copy" - which item gets copied? What about if you select a material and a prop - which context menu pops up when you rightclick (since material and prop menus are different)? So allowing multiple selections in the Material tree would open up a lot of issues. If Poser allowed multiple Props to be selected, then it would be easy to write a function "Load LiveDb Material Into All Selected Props".

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby samhal » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:25 pm

samhal Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:25 pm
Got it, and yeah, I imagine that would be an error-trapping nightmare to implement!

Well this hasn't been much of an issue with me, but hopefully this subject is better understood by the masses.
samhal
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Andygraph3D » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:15 am

Andygraph3D Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:15 am
This is the error message ..
Attachments
erroroctane.jpg
Andygraph3D
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:46 am

face_off Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:46 am
Hi Andygraph3D - that error looks like it came from an old version of the plugin - which release are you using pls? Have you tried to save to a Poser material, and reload with the latest version?

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Andygraph3D » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:26 pm

Andygraph3D Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:26 pm
yes i have make the update but now i have this error message when i try to reconvert to material from poser

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\SetupForm.py", line 1694, in MenuSelectionCb
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\MaterialManager.py", line 909, in MenuCommand_ReimportSceneMaterialsFromPoser
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\MaterialManager.py", line 183, in ConvertMaterial
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\MaterialManager.py", line 642, in createOctaneMaterialFromPoserShaderTree
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\MaterialManager.py", line 625, in createOctaneMaterialFromPoserShaderTree
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 0.5_2

--- and if i try the second time i see this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\SetupForm.py", line 1694, in MenuSelectionCb
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\MaterialManager.py", line 900, in MenuCommand_ReimportSceneMaterialsFromPoser
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\Node.py", line 1574, in MemoriseTreeState
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\Node.py", line 1574, in MemoriseTreeState
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\Node.py", line 1566, in MemoriseTreeState
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\UiManager.py", line 2238, in displayError
ValueError: Error: null tree view in MemoriseTreeState for pin diffuse
Andygraph3D
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Poser