OctaneRender® for Poser (Windows) - build 1.20a [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for Poser (Windows) - build 1.20a [OBSOLETE]
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender® for Poser (Windows) - build 1.20a [STABLE]

Postby Stim2 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:10 pm

Stim2 Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:10 pm
Hello.
I have installed octane for poser on a new laptop: and now I don't have octane 1.20.a anymore but Octane 1.20.2.1. When I open a previous saved scene my render preset are very bad, I have to make lots of changes to make it work.
I tried to unsinstall octane poser plugin , then reinstall "octane 1.20.a" every time I get Octane 1.20.2.1.

What happened? Could you help me please?
Stim2
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:47 pm

face_off Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:47 pm
I have installed octane for poser on a new laptop: and now I don't have octane 1.20.a anymore but Octane 1.20.2.1. When I open a previous saved scene my render preset are very bad, I have to make lots of changes to make it work.
I tried to unsinstall octane poser plugin , then reinstall "octane 1.20.a" every time I get Octane 1.20.2.1.

From what I can tell, 1.20.a is from July this year, and there have been quite a few releases since then. May I suggest installing the TEST release? It's very robust.

What do you mean by "render preset" pls? The plugin should load all Octane settings (rendertarget settings and materials) from the pz3. Male sure you are "File->Load" the pz3, and not double clicking the pz3 from your desktop (since there is a Poser bug stoping the Octane settings from loading when doing this).

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Stim2 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:00 pm

Stim2 Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:00 pm
When I open a file, (file/open) my saved settings don't work : environment is too bright, and textures are white. :cry:
I d like to be able to install octane 1.20a on my new laptop to have the benefit of all the work I ve made. I think I installed the demo first and when I activated the full version it activated 1.20.2.1

I just installed octane 1.20.2.7, and the same issue appears: textures are seen in poser, are in octane material editor, but are white in render.
Perhaps it depends on the version on the octane stand alone? I upgraded for the latest version on my laptop, not on my previous computer... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Stim2
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:30 pm

face_off Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:30 pm
I just installed octane 1.20.2.7, and the same issue appears: textures are seen in poser, are in octane material editor, but are white in render.
Perhaps it depends on the version on the octane stand alone? I upgraded for the latest version on my laptop, not on my previous computer...

The plugin works independently of Octane Standalone - so that version will not matter.

On the laptop.....
1) What version of Windows are you running?
2) What Nvidia driver version do you have installed?
3) What graphics card are you using?
4) Can you pls post a sample render from the desktop where it is working, and the same render from the laptop where it is not? And when you do this, mouseover the bottom of the Viewport so the memory/texture statics popup is displayed.

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to Poser