Hair

Forums: Hair
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: Hair

Postby Andygraph3D » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Andygraph3D Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:29 pm
support of Poser dynamic hair and octane render is a big problem if you want make animation
the transmap is a little solution but its have another problems one of these is the very slooooow render
Andygraph3D
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:00 pm

face_off Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:00 pm
I've been doing a little work on having the plugin convert the Poser strands to polygon fibres, which results in a much better rendering of Poser dynamic hair. It's at the very early stage, so I'm not sure if it will be a viable approach, or how long it will take to implement, but it's something I'm looking at.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby DylanSaunders » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:09 am

DylanSaunders Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:09 am
Witpapier wrote:...How do I get it back in poser so that i can uses the character as I did before i sent it to Zbrush. I import it as a OBJ file but then there she is. stiff as a whatshamacallit, no texture no no bending, just this OBJ file. So Am I understanding it wrong?, Am I missing a setting? This is so frustrating.

I know this is an old post. But for anyone with the same issue, you don't send the character OBJ back from ZBrush. Just send the hair. If you made changes to the character, send morphs back instead so you can dial them into the character in Poser or DAZ.
DylanSaunders
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby DylanSaunders » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:48 am

DylanSaunders Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:48 am
Just to add to that (and post a quickie render). When you GoZ your characters head or whatever part to ZBrush as a subtool and then add your fibermesh hair and accept it, you will now have two subtools. That is, the character and the fibermesh will be two separate subtools. Just select the fibermesh and GoZ it back to Poser. Poser will ask if you want to import it as a hair prop, click yes and select the part of the body you made the hair for. The fibermesh will import and fit exactly on the body part as it did in ZBrush.
Like I mentioned, this is just a quickie render, the fibermesh took all of two minutes to make and GoZ back. It can be made much better, but it's almost 6am here and I've been out all night and need to fall into bed asap.

quickie.jpg
DylanSaunders
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Poser