material not reflective

Forums: material not reflective
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

material not reflective

Postby bpzen » Sun May 19, 2013 4:51 pm

bpzen Sun May 19, 2013 4:51 pm
Hi all, im rendering a image and have ice on the floor mat, and a wall next to the ice. I want the ice to be reflective and it is how ever its or the boards is causing the image to look like i have 2 walls because of the walls reflection on the ice. is there a way to set a materiel like this wall not to reflect or be reflected?

Inposer i could turn off Visiable in Raytracing and this stopped the object from being refelcted, i guess thats what im trying to figure out if it sposible in Octane i did try and turn of fthat option in poser but it still was shown reflected on teh ice surface.
thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Win 7 64bit, Titan 6 Gig and GTX770 4Gig, Intel 3.75GHZ, 24Gig RAM, Poser 2014 patched
bpzen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: material not reflective

Postby wimvdb » Sun May 19, 2013 6:20 pm

wimvdb Sun May 19, 2013 6:20 pm
Increase the roughness on the ice material - that will fade out the walls reflection
As far as I know there is no way in Octane to disable the reflection of the wall directly as you can in Poser
Configuration: Windows 11 Pro, I9 12900K, 128GB, RTX 3090, P12 b1029
wimvdb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun May 19, 2013 9:20 pm

face_off Sun May 19, 2013 9:20 pm
You can change the material to "diffuse" to turn off reflections too. Or turn the "specular" pin down to 0 on a "glossy" material.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby mlru » Tue May 21, 2013 10:57 am

mlru Tue May 21, 2013 10:57 am
bpzen wrote:Hi all, im rendering a image and have ice on the floor mat, and a wall next to the ice. I want the ice to be reflective and it is how ever its or the boards is causing the image to look like i have 2 walls because of the walls reflection on the ice. is there a way to set a materiel like this wall not to reflect or be reflected?

Inposer i could turn off Visiable in Raytracing and this stopped the object from being refelcted, i guess thats what im trying to figure out if it sposible in Octane i did try and turn of fthat option in poser but it still was shown reflected on teh ice surface.
thanks

Octane is unbiased, that means it renders in a realistic way. Settings for materials like ice therefore have to be physically correct. Chances are that your ice material is way too reflective.
Decrease the specularity to get less reflection on your ice material.
Win11/64Bit | GTX 4090 24GB | NVidia Driver 546.29 | Octane 4.05 | DAZ Studio 4.21
mlru
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser