OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.13u [STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.13u [STABLE]
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.13u [TEST]

Postby face_off » Tue May 21, 2013 11:58 am

face_off Tue May 21, 2013 11:58 am
so no more editing of the .py files to keep my settings? Nice

Correct! I'm not sure how to handle the first update - since there are many depreciated fields in there now. But that py file was a bad idea :-)

Do you think, there's a chance to implement a resizing of the image in the viewport, so that when you render in a high resolution, you still can zoom out to the whole picture (like the standalone does)? I tend to render bigger than my screen resolution..

It's something I've been considering, and shouldn't be too hard. Won't be in the initial release, but keep bugging me about it - it's on the list.

What do the numbers behind the nodes mean (e.g.: diffuse:50/50/50)? RGB values? Wouldn't it be cool to display the actual color, too?

Yes, it is the rgb value. Adding the actual color to the tree is unfortunately not possible in PoserPython's wx.python.

New release is finished! I just need to test it tomorrow.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.13u [TEST]

Postby face_off » Thu May 23, 2013 12:28 am

face_off Thu May 23, 2013 12:28 am
New release has been posted. http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=32641. Due to the major changes made to the plugin, there are likely to be some minor issues, so pls do not use on commercial projects yet.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to Poser