OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.13u [STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.13u [STABLE]
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.13u [STABLE]

Postby face_off » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:10 am

face_off Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:10 am
This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender for Poser, build 1.13u (TEST RELEASE). This version is compiled against Octane 1.13, so see the requirements for that build regarding compatibility with your video card.

If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information:
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- 32 or 64 bit
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Poser version (Poser -> Help -> About Poser) - list the build number (eg. 9.0.3.23027)
- OctaneRender for Plugin version (ie. X.XXa)
- Also have ready a copy of the octaneplugin.log and cuda.log file from your Poser temp direction (Poser -> Edit -> General Preferences -> Misc tab to find the temp directory)

Change Log from release 1.11u
- Compiled against Octane 1.13
- Sun setting colors can be set
- Sun size can be set
- Other changes as per Octane Standalone 1.13
- Rendering can be backed-off a little to increase GUI response times for those using a single card for rendering and Windows display. See Cuda tab for details
- octane.dat now in 'C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\64' (or '32' for 32 bit systems). It would be good practice to delete the previous octane.dat from 'C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012'
- Unclicking "Resolution Lock" now immediately resizes the resolution to the current viewport size
- Fixed issue where changing from "thinlens" to "panoramic" (or the reverse) would not correctly re-align the Octane camera to the Poser camera
- Fixed issue where changing to "daylight" would not immediately alight the Octane sun to the Poser sun infinite light
- New setting in OctaneDefaults.py call ALLOW_SCALED_CAMERAS (defaults to False/No). Refer to that file for details.
- Rendering animations can now have a render timelimit set per frame

Known Issues
None

If you have questions....
- Read the manual
- Read the FAQ
- Watch the Features Video
- Read the Features Blog Posting
- Watch the Introductory Tutorial
- Check the Facebook Page
- Post your question on this forum thread

Troubleshooting
- GUI issues (lock-up/crash) on large scenes (ie. 4million polys) - potentially due to the Windows Vista/7 "Timeout Detection and Recovery" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg487368.aspx[url][/url]. Settings can be changed using Regedit. The recommended setting for Octane are registry setting HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers, TdrLevel = 3, TdrDelay =10 (if these settings are not already there, rightclick the right panel -> New -> DWORD). You will need to reboot after changing these settings. NOTE: This issue can also be solved by using a Low Render Priority if using a single graphics card.

Limitations
- Loading a Poser scene by double-clicking a pz3 file in the Windows file explorer, or selecting from your "Recent Files" will not load the previously saved Octane scene data for that file when Poser starts. This is due to a Poser bug which has been reported to Smith Micro. Instead, use the Poser menu File -> Open to open any pz3 files which contain Octane scene data.
- Material Picking (by clicking on a material in the Poser Material Room) does not select that material in the OctaneRender material tab if you have a camera selected in the Parameter Dials window.
- If you delete a duplicated figure in Poser, when next reloading the scene, the figures may have been renamed, in which case the plugin will not have loaded the materials for the rename figure correctly. This has been reported as a big to Smith Micro and will be fixed.

Download the plugin HERE

Paul
Last edited by face_off on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.13u [TEST]

Postby KleanZlate » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:39 am

KleanZlate Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:39 am
Thanks again for this Paul. Is it my imagination or does this version render faster than the previous ones?
Windows 8 64bit, Intel Xeon 3.4 GHz x2, 10GB RAM, GTX 660 Ti 2GB, Poser Pro 2012 SR 3.1
KleanZlate
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:54 am

face_off Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:54 am
The Octane API has had a few changes under the covers, some of which have resulted in quicker rendering speeds, so you are possibly seeing the result of that.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby KleanZlate » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:15 am

KleanZlate Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:15 am
face_off wrote:The Octane API has had a few changes under the covers, some of which have resulted in quicker rendering speeds, so you are possibly seeing the result of that.

Paul

That's a pleasant surprise. The Low Priority option works like a charm. It's good to be able to work on other things while Octane renders.
Windows 8 64bit, Intel Xeon 3.4 GHz x2, 10GB RAM, GTX 660 Ti 2GB, Poser Pro 2012 SR 3.1
KleanZlate
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.13u [TEST]

Postby pete1144 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:38 am

pete1144 Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:38 am
Looking forward to testing it tomorrow.
pete1144
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby elenacalderas » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:25 pm

elenacalderas Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:25 pm
Yay! I've been looking forward to being able to use 1.13 in Poser. Downloading now. :D
Win 10 Home x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB / (Intel i7 2.8 GHz) x8, 16 GB RAM / PoserPro 11.2
elenacalderas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby elenacalderas » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:38 pm

elenacalderas Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:38 pm
Changing the options in the settings window (e.g. changing the renderer or switching from daylight to texture environment) opens "Main Wacro" windows that need to be clicked away manually and weren't there before. The options still change to what's selected, though, so I guess this is just a cosmetic issue.

Edit: The same thing happens in the materials tab.
Win 10 Home x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB / (Intel i7 2.8 GHz) x8, 16 GB RAM / PoserPro 11.2
elenacalderas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby KleanZlate » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:24 pm

KleanZlate Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:24 pm
elenacalderas wrote:Changing the options in the settings window (e.g. changing the renderer or switching from daylight to texture environment) opens "Main Wacro" windows that need to be clicked away manually and weren't there before. The options still change to what's selected, though, so I guess this is just a cosmetic issue.

Edit: The same thing happens in the materials tab.

I get this too.
KleanZlate
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Xipomus » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:21 pm

Xipomus Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:21 pm
Sweet work on the new version. Low priority is a lifesaver. It's faster too.
Congratutions and thanks for all the hard work.

The window Wacro pops up here too.

Also i have one other issue:

When i rotate the poser figure in poser, the focus setting in octane resets to the first conversion.

Which is surpassable by remembering the focus before change anything and putting it back..

I just wanted to mention it, just in case somebody is wondering what happens.

Cheers

Dom
Xipomus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:04 pm

face_off Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:04 pm
The window Wacro pops up here too.

I'll fix this today.

When i rotate the poser figure in poser, the focus setting in octane resets to the first conversion.

I cannot reproduce this. Would it be possible to give me the exact steps you are taking to get this pls?

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Next

Return to Poser