OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.13u [STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.13u [STABLE]
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.13u [TEST]

Postby Xipomus » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:03 pm

Xipomus Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:03 pm
Hey Paul,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I was just recreating the steps I did... and I found what i did wrong.

The eye icon was activated so everytime I moved something in poser... the focus reset to the poser setting.

Sorry man. Was rather obvious...

Cheers on this version.. have been rendering the whole evening and doing things next to it without render resets or mouse problems.

Chapo.

Dom
Xipomus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:54 am

face_off Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:54 am
There is a known issue with Octane 1.13 where if you change "daylight" to "texture environment" and then change the "texture" to "image" and plugin will crash. Otoy are working on a fix at the moment. Once that is done I will post a new version.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:30 am

face_off Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:30 am
The fix for the python window popping up when changing a node type is uploaded. Download the update from the original link at the top of this thread. This version does not include the "texture environment" crash fix, which Otoy are working on at the moment. It's not really an issue for the Poser plugin, but good to be aware of.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby elenacalderas » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:25 pm

elenacalderas Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:25 pm
Thanks, Paul!
Win 10 Home x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB / (Intel i7 2.8 GHz) x8, 16 GB RAM / PoserPro 11.2
elenacalderas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bblogoss » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:26 pm

bblogoss Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:26 pm
Hi Paul

I have systematically the crash issue when switching back daylight environment to textured. Hope Octane team will fix the bug soon.
So I guess for the moment there is no other fix issue than deleting the octane references in the pz3 file to get back to texture environment ?

Edit : Well I found better in reopen poser by clicking the pz3 directly. How an issue can fix another one :lol:
bblogoss
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby KleanZlate » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:45 pm

KleanZlate Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:45 pm
Poser crashes on me everytime I browse for a file with the render view open. It happens when selecting textures for materials. This also happened in earlier versions

Whenever I select the image node for the texture environment I get this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\OctanePlugin.py", line 4560, in <lambda>
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\OctanePlugin.py", line 5090, in EventNodeTypeChanged
WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0x000000000000001C

This didn't happen with earlier versions.
Windows 8 64bit, Intel Xeon 3.4 GHz x2, 10GB RAM, GTX 660 Ti 2GB, Poser Pro 2012 SR 3.1
KleanZlate
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby elenacalderas » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:42 am

elenacalderas Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:42 am
Possible bug?

I created a new scene, put in a figure (that I had used in the plugin before with no trouble) and posed it. Then I used the delete_lights script from Poser's utility scrips, created two new lights (one diffuse IBL and one infinite), and opened the plugin. It opens, and so does the render window.

The first thing I did was try to switch texture environment floattexture to image, and got an error message that I didn't record. So I left that alone and just tried to move the camera (with the render window open), and got this message in a window titled "delete lights":

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\OctanePlugin.py", line 10465, in poserEvent
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\OctanePlugin.py", line 8912, in setOctaneCameraInfo

The same message now appears when I move the Poser camera with the render window closed, or when I try to re-open the render window. Effectively, the scene is now useless in Octane.

So, I saved the scene and closed the plugin. This took abnormally long. Without changing the scene or closing Poser, I next tried to re-open the plugin. As it began to process geometry items, a Cuda error popped up.

Cuda error: Cuda device 0. Failed to bind device to thread, since it's already bound.

The Cuda error was caused by the figure in the scene, one I had before worked with without trouble.

Next step: Close Poser, re-open, and re-open scene. Next thing that happens is that Poser asks me to find a pmd file with the name of the Poser file I'm trying to open. Such a file doesn't exist on my drive, so I click cancel, and the scene opens.

I open the plugin, which crashes with the following message:
Main wacro: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\OctanePlugin.py", line 10581, in ShowOctaneOptionsWindow
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\OctanePlugin.py", line 7582, in Init
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\OctanePlugin.py", line 8956, in refreshScene
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\OctanePlugin.py", line 9947, in copyMeshToOctane
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\OctanePlugin.py", line 8912, in setOctaneCameraInfo

As a test, I created a new scene, loaded the same figure, and opened the plugin without deleting the lights via the Poser script. It looks for the same pmd file but otherwise opens normally, and I can move the camera normally. So, apparently, the trouble was originally caused by the python script "delete lights".

Sorry for the long post, and I hope it's not too confusing.
Win 10 Home x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB / (Intel i7 2.8 GHz) x8, 16 GB RAM / PoserPro 11.2
elenacalderas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Xipomus » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Xipomus Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:56 pm
The wacro screen seems to be Almost gone... only when I click the resize option above the render screen twice I still get it. (First click to turn in on and second to turn it off)

The message I get is: rez lock on change event.

But it's easy to close.
Xipomus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bblogoss » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:17 pm

bblogoss Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:17 pm
Now the very last version doesn't work at all, it get stucked on "initiating Octane. Please wait..." and nothing more happens and if i close the python window of course I get the message "could not load octane libraries" when I go to menu>render>OctaneRender

I have to go back to 1.11u version. And what i don't understand is why the PoserOctane64.dll file has so dramatically decrease in size in the new version (44 Kb instead of 277 Kb in the previous version)
bblogoss
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:04 pm

face_off Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:04 pm
Hi everyone. Apologies for the issues you are having.

The problems are due to the libraries which are included in the dll files. Octane 1.13 required some changes the ability to include debug info in the compiled libraries, and that has meant the latest version is not loading because it's looking for a dll which is not on your system (but is on mine, so it didn't get picked up in testing). I will rectify this ASAP.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Poser