OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.11u [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.11u [OBSOLETE]
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.11u [CURRENT]

Postby face_off » Wed May 01, 2013 1:12 pm

face_off Wed May 01, 2013 1:12 pm
Hi VirginieC

I'm staying for now on the 1.11u because of other compatibilities reasons.

I don't think 1.13 should cause you any compatibility issues - however 1.11u is pretty robust, so no problem staying with it.

Yesterday, I exported a material in a folder, then I moved the folder elsewhere. Just after, when I tried exporting another material, poser crashed just when I right clicked to export. It was probably because the pluggin did not find anymore the folder where it was supposed to export. Not a big problem, but there may be a little code to add in order for the pluggin to come back to the "initial pluggin folder" if the actual folder does not exist anymore. Note I think it is the reason, but I'm not 100% sure of it

Did you happen to get a copy of the python exception this raised?

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby VirginieC » Wed May 01, 2013 1:36 pm

VirginieC Wed May 01, 2013 1:36 pm
face_off wrote:Hi VirginieC

I don't think 1.13 should cause you any compatibility issues - however 1.11u is pretty robust, so no problem staying with it.

Did you happen to get a copy of the python exception this raised?

Paul

First point : I think I need Octane 1.11 for working is DAZ octane pluggin, but I'm not sure of it, so since all poser and Daz pluggin work pretty fine with octane 1.11, I preferred not to touch anything and let everything, octane and pluggins, in 1.11.
Second point : It was an instant crash, I've even not had time to see if a python exception was shown, so the answer is no.

Last point : I'm really happy with your actual pluggin, not perfect yet, but efficient when we get used to it :D
VirginieC
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed May 01, 2013 10:15 pm

face_off Wed May 01, 2013 10:15 pm
First point : I think I need Octane 1.11 for working is DAZ octane pluggin, but I'm not sure of it, so since all poser and Daz pluggin work pretty fine with octane 1.11, I preferred not to touch anything and let everything, octane and pluggins, in 1.11.

You don't need to run the same version across all your plugins - you can run 1.10 Standalone, 1.11 DazStudio and 1.13 Poser - they won't interfere with each other.
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby VirginieC » Thu May 02, 2013 10:11 am

VirginieC Thu May 02, 2013 10:11 am
OK, thanks for the tip!!! It was something I was wondering and I did not dare to try!
VirginieC
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Poser