This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender for Poser, build 1.11u
(STABLE RELEASE). This version is compiled against Octane 1.11, so see the requirements for that build regarding compatibility with your video card.From 1.11t, there was been a substantial change in the way material exports are saved, which will require your attention - pls read changelog below.
If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- 32 or 64 bit
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Poser version (Poser -> Help -> About Poser) - list the build number (eg. 22.214.171.12427)
- OctaneRender for Plugin version (ie. X.XXa)
- Also have ready a copy of the octaneplugin.log and cuda.log file from your Poser temp direction (Poser -> Edit -> General Preferences -> Misc tab to find the temp directory)Change Log from release 1.02t
- Fixed node type compatibility issues when loading old scenes.
Also, is upgrading from 1.02s.....
- This is a very important release, and contains a critical change in where material export files are stored, where LiveDB texturemaps are stored, and where you OctaneLive username/password is stored. All these items now default to the Poser Preferences folder (On Win 7 this is C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\9). This change was required to fix an issue where the Windows clean-up process was deleting all the files in the Poser Temp directory. To find out where you Poser Prefs file is, Poser->Scripts->Python Shell->poser.PrefsLocation(). You can still overrider this location int he OctaneDefault.py file.
The above change will mean that you will either need to re-activate the plugin when you first run 1.11t, OR you can copy the access.orp file from your Poser Temp folder to the Poser Preferences folder.Known Issues
NoneIf you have questions....
- Read the manual
- Read the FAQ
- Watch the Features Video
- Read the Features Blog Posting
- Watch the Introductory Tutorial
- Check the Facebook Page
- Post your question on this forum threadTroubleshooting
- GUI issues (lock-up/crash) on large scenes (ie. 4million polys) - potentially due to the Windows Vista/7 "Timeout Detection and Recovery" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg487368.aspx
[url][/url]. Settings can be changed using Regedit. The recommended setting for Octane are registry setting HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers, TdrLevel = 3, TdrDelay =10 (if these settings are not already there, rightclick the right panel -> New -> DWORD). You will need to reboot after changing these settings.Limitations
- Loading a Poser scene by double-clicking a pz3 file in the Windows file explorer, or selecting from your "Recent Files" will not load the previously saved Octane scene data for that file when Poser starts. This is due to a Poser bug which has been reported to Smith Micro. Instead, use the Poser menu File -> Open to open any pz3 files which contain Octane scene data.
- Material Picking (by clicking on a material in the Poser Material Room) does not select that material in the OctaneRender material tab if you have a camera selected in the Parameter Dials window.
- If you delete a duplicated figure in Poser, when next reloading the scene, the figures may have been renamed, in which case the plugin will not have loaded the materials for the rename figure correctly. This has been reported as a big to Smith Micro and will be fixed.Download
the plugin HERE