OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.02s [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.02s [OBSOLETE]
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.02s [OBSOLETE]

Postby face_off » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:08 am

face_off Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:08 am
This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender for Poser, build 1.02r (STABLE RELEASE). This version is compiled against Octane 1.02, so see the requirements for that build regarding compatibility with your video card.

If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information:
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- 32 or 64 bit
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Poser version (Poser -> Help -> About Poser) - list the build number (eg. 9.0.3.23027)
- OctaneRender for Plugin version (ie. 1.02q)
- Also have ready a copy of the octaneplugin.log and cuda.log file from your Poser temp direction (Poser -> Edit -> General Preferences -> Misc tab to find the temp directory)

Change Log from release 1.02r
- Daylight model type is now a combobox
- Added combobox for Deep Channel Kernel type, and it should now save correctly
- "sundir" sliders are now disabled if the scene sun direction is being controlled from the Poser infinite light named "Sunlight"
- The resultion node edit bo now has a "Lock Aspect Ratio" checkbox and a combobox where you can add custom resolutions. Add the resolutions you need into the OctaneDefaults.py file as RESOLUTION_PRESETS.
- If an Octane material has been saved to a Poser Material, you can now rightclick the Octane material and select "Delete Octane Nodes from Poser Material" to delete the nodes from the Poser Material
- Menu option "Save Material in Poser Material" renamed to "Save Octane Nodes in Poser Material"
- LiveDB now remembers the last Live Material loaded. This is independent of the material is was loaded for - so it is the load material loaded for any material
- Additional Animation Tab setting "Refresh Scene Each Frame" has been added, which forces a complete scene reload each frame, which is some cased may be quicker than using the "Refresh Geometry Each Frame" vertice refresh
- Fixed issue where the Viewport background was not erasing correctly after a size with resolution lock ON.
- Numeric sliders can now be increased/decreased by pressing the up/down arrow keys (when in the text control to the left of the slider).
- New rightclick option in the Materials tab to paste to ALL materials for the given figure/prop. This option REPLACES texturemaps.
- Fixed issue where pasting was not correctly picking up some texturemaps
- Editing of the northoffset (daylight pin) is now disabled if the sun direction is being controlled by a Poser infinite light

If you have questions....
- Read the manual
- Read the FAQ
- Watch the Features Video
- Read the Features Blog Posting
- Watch the Introductory Tutorial
- Check the Facebook Page
- Post your question on this forum thread

Troubleshooting
- GUI issues (lock-up/crash) on large scenes (ie. 4million polys) - potentially due to the Windows Vista/7 "Timeout Detection and Recovery" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg487368.aspx[url][/url]. Settings can be changed using Regedit. The recommended setting for Octane are registry setting HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers, TdrLevel = 3, TdrDelay =10 (if these settings are not already there, rightclick the right panel -> New -> DWORD). You will need to reboot after changing these settings.

Limitations
- Loading a Poser scene by double-clicking a pz3 file in the Windows file explorer, or selecting from your "Recent Files" will not load the previously saved Octane scene data for that file when Poser starts. This is due to a Poser bug which has been reported to Smith Micro. Instead, use the Poser menu File -> Open to open any pz3 files which contain Octane scene data.
- Material Picking (by clicking on a material in the Poser Material Room) does not select that material in the OctaneRender material tab if you have a camera selected in the Parameter Dials window.
- If you delete a duplicated figure in Poser, when next reloading the scene, the figures may have been renamed, in which case the plugin will not have loaded the materials for the rename figure correctly. This has been reported as a big to Smith Micro and will be fixed.

Download the plugin HERE

Paul
Last edited by face_off on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.02s [TEST]

Postby ch0pper » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:26 am

ch0pper Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:26 am
Great thanks!
W7 64 bit |I7-3970X | GTX 780 X2(6GB) GTX 780TI X2 | 64 GB DDR3 RAM
Real Skin & real hair for Poser / DAZ Studio OctaneRender/iray - coming soon
ch0pper
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Witpapier » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:39 am

Witpapier Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:39 am
Thank You !!
RedSpec TGX for Poser / OctaneRender - OUT NOW visit http://redspec-sss.com/
Witpapier
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby elenacalderas » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:00 pm

elenacalderas Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:00 pm
Thank you! Downloading now. Good thing I have a clear Saturday. :D
Win 10 Home x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB / (Intel i7 2.8 GHz) x8, 16 GB RAM / PoserPro 11.2
elenacalderas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby badmilk69 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:04 pm

badmilk69 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:04 pm
Hi, this error appear when i toggle resolution lock on

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\OctanePlugin.py", line 6662, in EventTreeSelection
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\OctanePlugin.py", line 4576, in AddControlsToNodePanel
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\lib\site-packages\wx-2.9.1-msw\wx\_controls.py", line 380, in SetValue
return _controls_.CheckBox_SetValue(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: in method 'CheckBox_SetValue', expected argument 2 of type 'bool'

I cant see resolutions preset combo.
i7 2600, 16 GB RAM, 2x Evga 670 SC 4gb, dual boot win7/osxML, 2 SSDs, 3 HDs.
badmilk69
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby elenacalderas » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:03 pm

elenacalderas Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:03 pm
FWIW, resolution lock works fine with me.

However, checking the post processing checkbox triggers a render restart when resolution is locked. Pretty sure that's not the way it's intended to be, lol.
Win 10 Home x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB / (Intel i7 2.8 GHz) x8, 16 GB RAM / PoserPro 11.2
elenacalderas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Ken1171 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:43 pm

Ken1171 Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:43 pm
I am trying to use a reflection sphere big enough to fit the entire scene inside, so that I can get reflections right in the render. It works fine in MAX and Poser, but it turns the render black in Octane, probably because it's blocking all light from entering the scene. How can I set this up in Octane? I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks!
Ken1171
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:28 am

face_off Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:28 am
Hi, this error appear when i toggle resolution lock on

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\OctanePlugin.py", line 6662, in EventTreeSelection
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\OctanePlugin.py", line 4576, in AddControlsToNodePanel
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\lib\site-packages\wx-2.9.1-msw\wx\_controls.py", line 380, in SetValue
return _controls_.CheckBox_SetValue(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: in method 'CheckBox_SetValue', expected argument 2 of type 'bool'

I cant see resolutions preset combo.

Hi Badmilk - it looks like you are missing the new items in the OctaneDefaults.py file. That needs the following new lines:

Code: Select all
RESOLUTION_LOCK_ASPECT_RATIO_CHECKBOX = True # Set to false to default the checkbox to Off

RESOLUTION_PRESETS = [ # Add your own customer resolutions to the end of this list.  Note, there must be a " x " between the 2 numbers
    "320 x 200",
    "640 x 480",
    "1024 x 768",
    "1600 x 1200",
]

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:38 am

face_off Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:38 am
However, checking the post processing checkbox triggers a render restart when resolution is locked. Pretty sure that's not the way it's intended to be, lol.

Looks like this has been happened since the first version. It is the clicking of the resolution toggle button which is the cause. I will see if there is an easy fix.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:44 am

face_off Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:44 am
I am trying to use a reflection sphere big enough to fit the entire scene inside, so that I can get reflections right in the render. It works fine in MAX and Poser, but it turns the render black in Octane, probably because it's blocking all light from entering the scene. How can I set this up in Octane? I would appreciate any help on this.

There are a few ways to do this. If the sphere is mapped as per an environment map, simply light the scene from the map (ie. use the reflection map from the sphere in the "texture" pin of the "texture environment" on the Settings Tab of the plug (and make the sphere invisible in the Poser scene).

The other way you can do it is to use the sphere as it is, and also plug the spheres reflection map into the opacity (and might have to invert it first, ie. make black = white and white=black - not sure). So where there are bright reflections on the sphere, it will not be transparent, and where there are weak or no reflections, the sphere will be transparent and let the scene lighting in.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Next

Return to Poser