This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender for Poser, build 1.02r
(STABLE RELEASE). This version is compiled against Octane 1.02, so see the requirements for that build regarding compatibility with your video card.
If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- 32 or 64 bit
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Poser version (Poser -> Help -> About Poser) - list the build number (eg. 22.214.171.12427)
- OctaneRender for Plugin version (ie. 1.02q)
- Also have ready a copy of the octaneplugin.log and cuda.log file from your Poser temp direction (Poser -> Edit -> General Preferences -> Misc tab to find the temp directory)Change Log from release 1.02r
- Daylight model type is now a combobox
- Added combobox for Deep Channel Kernel type, and it should now save correctly
- "sundir" sliders are now disabled if the scene sun direction is being controlled from the Poser infinite light named "Sunlight"
- The resultion node edit bo now has a "Lock Aspect Ratio" checkbox and a combobox where you can add custom resolutions. Add the resolutions you need into the OctaneDefaults.py file as RESOLUTION_PRESETS.
- If an Octane material has been saved to a Poser Material, you can now rightclick the Octane material and select "Delete Octane Nodes from Poser Material" to delete the nodes from the Poser Material
- Menu option "Save Material in Poser Material" renamed to "Save Octane Nodes in Poser Material"
- LiveDB now remembers the last Live Material loaded. This is independent of the material is was loaded for - so it is the load material loaded for any material
- Additional Animation Tab setting "Refresh Scene Each Frame" has been added, which forces a complete scene reload each frame, which is some cased may be quicker than using the "Refresh Geometry Each Frame" vertice refresh
- Fixed issue where the Viewport background was not erasing correctly after a size with resolution lock ON.
- Numeric sliders can now be increased/decreased by pressing the up/down arrow keys (when in the text control to the left of the slider).
- New rightclick option in the Materials tab to paste to ALL materials for the given figure/prop. This option REPLACES texturemaps.
- Fixed issue where pasting was not correctly picking up some texturemaps
- Editing of the northoffset (daylight pin) is now disabled if the sun direction is being controlled by a Poser infinite lightIf you have questions....
- Read the manual
- Read the FAQ
- Watch the Features Video
- Read the Features Blog Posting
- Watch the Introductory Tutorial
- Check the Facebook Page
- Post your question on this forum threadTroubleshooting
- GUI issues (lock-up/crash) on large scenes (ie. 4million polys) - potentially due to the Windows Vista/7 "Timeout Detection and Recovery" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg487368.aspx
[url][/url]. Settings can be changed using Regedit. The recommended setting for Octane are registry setting HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers, TdrLevel = 3, TdrDelay =10 (if these settings are not already there, rightclick the right panel -> New -> DWORD). You will need to reboot after changing these settings.Limitations
- Loading a Poser scene by double-clicking a pz3 file in the Windows file explorer, or selecting from your "Recent Files" will not load the previously saved Octane scene data for that file when Poser starts. This is due to a Poser bug which has been reported to Smith Micro. Instead, use the Poser menu File -> Open to open any pz3 files which contain Octane scene data.
- Material Picking (by clicking on a material in the Poser Material Room) does not select that material in the OctaneRender material tab if you have a camera selected in the Parameter Dials window.
- If you delete a duplicated figure in Poser, when next reloading the scene, the figures may have been renamed, in which case the plugin will not have loaded the materials for the rename figure correctly. This has been reported as a big to Smith Micro and will be fixed.Download
the plugin HERE