wishlist for future versions of the Octane plug in

Forums: wishlist for future versions of the Octane plug in
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: wishlist for future versions of the Octane plug in

Postby face_off » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:30 pm

face_off Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:30 pm
And a check-box to constrain the aspect ratio

Should be do-able. Both the combo box containing the pre-defined resolutions and the checkbox would be in the node editing area below the settings tree. The pre-defined resolutions would be in the OctaneDefaults.py file. I'll be looking at the next release in a few weeks - so will include this.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby ch0pper » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:10 pm

ch0pper Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:10 pm
(1) I would like to see the following changes on octane render if possible
I would like to be able to turn off the materials on octane render at will with a tick box sometimes
when you have a lot of materials I forget what name is associated two what file. And it would be great
the useful if we had a on or off switch incorporated into the material list so it wouldn't render if it was off
(this way just makes life easier to find what material you need to change I hope that makes sense

(2)
Live database materials when you use the live database materials it does not remember the last material you used.
And this is quite frustrating as you have to select yet again and find where that material lives.
I would like to see the live database remembering the last material you used.
Or a tick box to remember the last material used

W7 64 bit |I7-3970X | GTX 780 X2(6GB) GTX 780TI X2 | 64 GB DDR3 RAM
Real Skin & real hair for Poser / DAZ Studio OctaneRender/iray - coming soon
ch0pper
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:27 pm

face_off Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:27 pm
Chopper - that is an incredible render! I would love a copy to put on the Facebook page when it is finished!

(1) I would like to see the following changes on octane render if possible
I would like to be able to turn off the materials on octane render at will with a tick box sometimes
when you have a lot of materials I forget what name is associated two what file. And it would be great
the useful if we had a on or off switch incorporated into the material list so it wouldn't render if it was off
(this way just makes life easier to find what material you need to change I hope that makes sense

This has been requested before, however Octane does not currently support NOT rendering a material. The closest it gets to make the material it specular with no reflections - but that involves replacing the nodes. You cannot simply turn off a material. You could try making the prop/figure invisible in Poser (you'll need to refresh the scene in the plugin after doing so). You'll need to check that when you make the figure/prop visible again that it remembers the old Octane material.

(2)
Live database materials when you use the live database materials it does not remember the last material you used.
And this is quite frustrating as you have to select yet again and find where that material lives.
I would like to see the live database remembering the last material you used.
Or a tick box to remember the last material used

This is a very good suggestion - and I think it should be possible to implement. I will incorporate it into the next version if possible.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby ch0pper » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:44 pm

ch0pper Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:44 pm
check your facebook page the render i posted it there to day!
ch0pper
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ch0pper » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:34 pm

ch0pper Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:34 pm
(1) future wishes. When using environmental text environment lighting.
I would like to lock the lighting to when I have the desired lighting I'd like. (I can tick a box)
and No matter if I move the poser characters the lighting will not move once locked.

(2) OfficeFoyerBG_512.jpg I would also like to turn off the background but keep the lighting.
So it does not displays.and could it done transparent png when saved? Does that make sense.
No matter what like probe I use I would like to turn off the background and possibly
once saved it would save as a transparent png without any background

ch0pper
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:10 pm

face_off Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:10 pm
Hi Chopper

(1) future wishes. When using environmental text environment lighting.
I would like to lock the lighting to when I have the desired lighting I'd like. (I can tick a box)
and No matter if I move the poser characters the lighting will not move once locked.

If you are using environment lighting, there should be nothing you can do to the scene which will change the environment lighting. If there is something which is adjusting the lighting settings, pls let me know, because it should be happening.

(2) OfficeFoyerBG_512.jpg I would also like to turn off the background but keep the lighting.
So it does not displays.and could it done transparent png when saved? Does that make sense.
No matter what like probe I use I would like to turn off the background and possibly
once saved it would save as a transparent png without any background

rendertarget->kernel->alphachannel->Enable should remove the environment texture from the background and leave it as transparent. It shows a slight edge in the Viewport, but saves correctly.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:42 pm

face_off Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:42 pm
When 1.1 of the Octane API is available, I will package a new version. I will also look to incorporate the following changes, which have been suggested in this and other threads. If you have any others, let me know sooner rather than later :-)

- if there is a "Daylight" infinite light in the scene, disable the "sundir" sliders
- Resolution - add "lock aspect ratio" checkbox, and add a compbox containing pre-defined values (set in OctaneDefaults.py)
- LiveDB - assign to selected LiveDB material name to the Octane material, so if the user clicks LiveDB again for that material, it will default to the previous LiveDB material item that the user selected for that material.
- "Compress Texture Maps" - add an option to select all materials for a prop/figure.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to Poser