"Trouble" with the Poser plug-in

Forums: "Trouble" with the Poser plug-in
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

"Trouble" with the Poser plug-in

Postby fallen21 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:13 pm

fallen21 Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:13 pm
Hello all,

First of all it's a real pleasure to, finally, find an "easy" realistic render software (i'm talking about the plug-in, standalone version is easier than others soft still "hard" for someone like me :p).

I'm enjoying to make scene in Poser then transfer to Octane (via the plug-in), BUT i'm encountered a problem with the plug-in if my scene is too complex i've an alert who says me i'm out of range of the software/hardware (RGB textures / Grayscale Textures, these two in particular).
I've tried if this alert come from my hardware & so test a similar scene composed in Daz then exported to the standalone version, here no alert.

I really would prefer to use the plug-in (auto-converting) than the standalone, is it a "bug" from the plug-in (or whatever) & it will be resolved ? Or simply integrate an option that let us save the scene made in Poser & then converted to octane in an octane scene :).

Otherwise the plug-in worked, if my scene stay simple :p.

Kind regards.
fallen21
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: "Trouble" with the Poser plug-in

Postby face_off » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:10 am

face_off Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:10 am
BUT i'm encountered a problem with the plug-in if my scene is too complex i've an alert who says me i'm out of range of the software/hardware (RGB textures / Grayscale Textures, these two in particular).

Hi there. If you open the viewport, put your mouse over the bottom status bar - it will tell you the current texture numbers used verses total available as reported by Octane. Octane Standalone will not give you the warning - it will simply render materials black for the textures that are over the limit.

The warning you are getting is based on the limits set in the OctaneDefaults.py file. If you have a GTX 600 series GTX card - your card can handle more than the limits in the settings file (think 600 series max is 144 RGB, etc). Check the FAQ in this Poser forum for the actual limits.

If you are actually going over your cards limits, if it grayscale textures that are over limit, you can rightclick in the Material tab of the plugin to remove the bump maps from the figure/scene or material. I will be enhancing this function in the next version.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby fallen21 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:59 am

fallen21 Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:59 am
Ok! Indeed i'm using a GTX 680 4go, is there a way to "delete" this alert (put the alert on the right limit of my card ^^) ?
Then it's more frequently greyscale textures warning than RGB (when i hit image stat => RGB: 64max / Greyscale: 32max).

Thanks so much to enlighten me about this & for the tips.
fallen21
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:07 am

face_off Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:07 am
If you have a 600 series card, change the following in OctaneDefaults.py (which is in python\addons\OctaneRender for poser)....
Code: Select all
MAX_NUMBER_OF_RGBA_TEXTURES = 144 # This is the maximum number of LDR "image" and "alphaimage" textures that your video card can store.
MAX_NUMBER_OF_GRAYSCALE_TEXTURES = 68 # This is the maximum number LDR of "floatimage" textures that your video card can store.
MAX_NUMBER_OF_HDR_RGBA_TEXTURES = 10 # This is the maximum number of HDR "image" and "alphaimage" textures that your video card can store.
MAX_NUMBER_OF_HDR_GRAYSCALE_TEXTURES = 10

In a future version (not the next one!) this will be obtained automatically from your video card. In the meantime, edit the file. Also, when you install future versions of the plugin, remember to update the file, since it will be overwritten by the installer.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby fallen21 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:06 pm

fallen21 Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:06 pm
Great, thank you for your help.
fallen21
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser