This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender for Poser, build 1.01d, which is the test/development
version of the plugin.
In the event that you have a support issue, pls provide the following information
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- 32 or 64 bit
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version (ie. 300.00)
- Poser version (Poser -> Help -> About Poser) - list the build number (eg. 22.214.171.12400)
- Also have ready a copy of the octaneplugin.log and cuda.log file from your Poser temp direction (Poser -> Edit -> General Preferences -> Misc tab to find the temp directory)Change Log from 1.01c to 1.01d
- The Texture types combo box is now sorted alphabetically
- Genesis (DAZ DSON Import) is now supported. If there is a SubD actor with > 0 vertices in the figure, it will be treated as a prop (so the base cage is ignored).
- Snarly's subd meshes are now working again
- Fixed issue where generating transforms was not truely "random"
- Added support for \\ and / folder separators in image filenames
- Image File Open - now includes a combo box with the most recent images accessed (which may no longer be in the scene)
- Image File Open - combo boxes now display part of the folder the image belows to
- Compiled against Octane 1.0
- All Cuda/Octane errors are now trapped and recorded in cuda.log (in the Poser temp directory). The log file is wiped each time you start Poser.
- Mouseover the Viewport button status window to see Video card FREE memory
- If your video card has < 20Mb free, a warning is displayed at the top of the viewport and the available memory is displayed
- Added new rightclick option in the Render Options List to reset the render resolution to the default
- Fixed slider operation when clicking left or right of the slider button
- Fixed a bug when copying glossy materials with texturemaps in their specularity pin
- Improved stability when refreshing scenes whilst a render is running
- Added rightclick material option (for meshes) to paste the copied material into ALL SKIN MATERIALS
- Resolved an issue where figures with no goemetry caused an exception
- Add script to compress texturemaps (very experiemental). In summary, it will compress texturemaps to jpg format and place them in your Poser temp directory and update the Poser Material room to point to the compressed maps. Then run the plugin (and re-import the materials from Poser if needed).If you have questions....
- Read the manual
- Read the FAQ
- Watch the Features Video
- Read the Features Blog Posting
- Watch the Introductory Tutorial
- Check the Facebook Page
- Post your question on this forum threadKnown Issues with this Test Version
- Loading a Poser scene by double-clicking a pz3 file in the Windows file explorer, or selecting from your "Recent Files" will not load the previously saved Octane scene data for that file when Poser starts. This is due to a Poser bug which has been reported to Smith Micro. Instead, use the Poser menu File -> Open to open any pz3 files which contain Octane scene data.
- Material Picking (by clicking on a material in the Poser Material Room) does not select that material in the OctaneRender material tab if you have a camera selected in the Parameter Dials window.Download
the plugin HERE
Hope you enjoy using the plugin!