This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender for Poser, build 1.01c, which is the test/development
version of the plugin.
In the event that you have a support issue, pls provide the following information
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- 32 or 64 bit
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version (ie. 300.00)
- Poser version (Poser -> Help -> About Poser) - list the build number (eg. 22.214.171.12400)
- Also have ready a copy of the octaneplugin.log file from your Poser temp direction (Poser -> Edit -> General Preferences -> Misc tab to find the temp directory)Change Log from 1.00o to 1.01c
- Pls view the video at https://vimeo.com/54438243
for a demonstration of the features below
- Instancing is now supported. Select a prop or figure in the Material room and change it's type from "mesh" to "scatter". Then load or generate a transform. When generating a new transform file, mouse-over the input boxes to get a description of each field. It will help if you understand the Instancing concepts from Octane StandAlone.
- Refreshing the scene now leaves the material tree in it's previous state
- Middle mousebutton clicking the progressive save button opens the progressive save folder
- Progressive save filenames now have the time appended to the filename (in HH-MM-SS format)
- you can now minimise the settings and viewport windows. Once the viewport in minimised, the render will continue rendering (if it was not paused)
- Added OctaneDefaults for GLOSSY_SPECULAR, GLOSSY_ROUGHNESS, GLOSSY_BUMP_POWER, which are the defaults used for glossy materials converted from Poser materials. Set GLOSSY_DIFFUSE_RATIO to 0 to force all materials to be glossy (rather than materials with low specular in Poser being converted to diffuse). NOTE: These do not set the defaults when you change a material type from diffuse to glossy in the Material tab - in this case the Octane defaults are still used.
- Resizing the viewport no long refreshes the entire material and settings tree
- Picking a focus now no longer looses the tree state in the material tab
- Changing a glossy to specular material (or vise-versa) does NOT copy the roughness and index pins anymore (previously the glossy roughness was impacting the specular defaults)
- Where a Poser material has a texturemap and the diffuse_color/diffuse_value is not = 0/0/0 or 255/255/255, the texturemap will be multipled by the color in the Octane material
- Changing a texture environment to "daylight" will NOT now copy the power setting (since daylight should be the default setting of 1
- Reimport material/figure/prop/scene now context sensitive for the tree item you rightclick
- Remove bump maps now context sensitive for the tree item you rightclick
- New rightclick material option to save the material node to the Poser Material. This is saved in the Poser Material nodes, and used as the Poser to Octane conversion template when next converting that material. Save the prop/figure to the Poser library to save the Octane node setup. Do not edit the nodes in the Poser Material Room - and they are not supposed to be connected to the Poser Surface.
- Grouping props are now not imported into the Octane sceneIf you have questions....
- Read the manual
- Read the FAQ
- Watch the Features Video
- Read the Features Blog Posting
- Watch the Introductory Tutorial
- Check the Facebook Page
- Post your question on this forum threadTroubleshooting
- GUI issues (lock-up/crash) on large scenes (ie. 4million polys) - potentially due to the Windows Vista/7 "Timeout Detection and Recovery" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg487368.aspx
[url][/url]. Settings can be changed using Regedit. The recommended setting for Octane are registry setting HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers, TdrLevel = 3, TdrDelay =10 (if these settings are not already there, rightclick the right panel -> New -> DWORD). You will need to reboot after changing these settings.Known Issues with this Test Version
- There have been reports of Poser crashing when opening or resizing the Octane Render Viewport where the scene is using the majority of the graphics card memory. The next version of the Octane API has an addition memory function, which I hope will assist trapping this situation.Limitations
- Loading a Poser scene by double-clicking a pz3 file in the Windows file explorer, or selecting from your "Recent Files" will not load the previously saved Octane scene data for that file when Poser starts. This is due to a Poser bug which has been reported to Smith Micro. Instead, use the Poser menu File -> Open to open any pz3 files which contain Octane scene data.
- Material Picking (by clicking on a material in the Poser Material Room) does not select that material in the OctaneRender material tab if you have a camera selected in the Parameter Dials window.Download
the plug HERE
Hope you enjoy using the plugin!