This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender for Poser, build 1.00o.
In the unlikely event that you have a support issue, pls provide the following information
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- 32 or 64 bit
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Poser version (Poser -> Help -> About Poser) - list the build number (eg. 126.96.36.19927)
- Also have ready a copy of the octaneplugin.log and cuda.log file from your Poser temp direction (Poser -> Edit -> General Preferences -> Misc tab to find the temp directory)
I will be posting updates to the plugin as required, which will be reported in this thread.Change Log for release 1.00o
- Now correctly detects when parent props are parented to an invisible figure and does not load them into the Octane scene
- Now correctly loads both props and figures which have been partially uv mapped.
- Changing a glossy to specular material (or vise-versa) does NOT copy the roughness and index pins anymore (previously the glossy roughness was impacting the specular defaults)
- Where a Poser material has a texturemap and the diffuse_color/diffuse_value is not = 255/255/255, the texturemap will be multipled by the color in the Octane material
- Changing a texture environment to "daylight" will NOT now copy the power setting (since daylight should be the default setting of 1
- Grouping props are now not imported into the Octane scene
- Create Emitters From Lights - point lights now use low poly sphere, and infinite/spot lights use single sided one poly plane.If you have questions....
- Read the manual
- Read the FAQ
- Watch the Features Video
- Read the Features Blog Posting
- Watch the Introductory Tutorial
- Check the Facebook Page
- Post your question on this forum threadTroubleshooting
- GUI issues (lock-up/crash) on large scenes (ie. 4million polys) - potentially due to the Windows Vista/7 "Timeout Detection and Recovery" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg487368.aspx
[url][/url]. Settings can be changed using Regedit. The recommended setting for Octane are registry setting HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers, TdrLevel = 3, TdrDelay =10 (if these settings are not already there, rightclick the right panel -> New -> DWORD). You will need to reboot after changing these settings.Limitations
- Loading a Poser scene by double-clicking a pz3 file in the Windows file explorer, or selecting from your "Recent Files" will not load the previously saved Octane scene data for that file when Poser starts. This is due to a Poser bug which has been reported to Smith Micro. Instead, use the Poser menu File -> Open to open any pz3 files which contain Octane scene data.
- Material Picking (by clicking on a material in the Poser Material Room) does not select that material in the OctaneRender material tab if you have a camera selected in the Parameter Dials window.Download
the plug HERE
Hope you enjoy using the plugin!