My first test in Octane for Poser

Forums: My first test in Octane for Poser
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

My first test in Octane for Poser

Postby areafilm » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:01 pm

areafilm Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:01 pm
Hi there! I must say first of all that usually I prefer Import a character in C4D trought Interposer and render it in Octane Standalone.. But this engine inside Poser is a great revelation for all! I believe that it's outstandig and has the same render quality of Standalone.. but more slowly.. the same slowly that I founded in Octane for 3DSmax.. but is normal.. Inside a dry appz is more difficult render to the same speed of a standalone.. But.. the Poser users will be very happy of this engine!!! You have maked a great work..
The engine crashed in my I7 Extreme 12Gb when I have changed Diffuse Map Texture head :(
I would like to have inside a Subscattering octane native material for skin...
We are waiting for Octane for Cinema 4D too!!!! :)
You have a nice day, Mich

Test with pathtracing kernel and a HDRI Map
Attachments
Octane for Poser Test crash.jpg
Octane for Poser Test.jpg
areafilm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: My first test in Octane for Poser

Postby face_off » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:03 am

face_off Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:03 am
Hi there - there is a separate forum for the Poser Beta Test - pls post comments there.

Inside a dry appz is more difficult render to the same speed of a standalone..

I thought the same...for a long time...however I think that there are other issues at play, and that there render speed is the same. In the Poser plugin at the moment, the FOV is not calculating correctly, and therefore I beleive the depth of field is changing - which has a big impact of the render speed. This will be fixed in Beta04 of the Poser plugin.

The engine crashed in my I7 Extreme 12Gb when I have changed Diffuse Map Texture head :(

Yes, I found a bug with the plugin and SSS, which is fixed in Beta04.

Is there some mesh tearing on James hip in your render? (Pls post answer in the Beta test forum :-)

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: My first test in Octane for Poser

Postby areafilm » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:46 pm

areafilm Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:46 pm
face_off wrote:Hi there - there is a separate forum for the Poser Beta Test - pls post comments there.

Inside a dry appz is more difficult render to the same speed of a standalone..

I thought the same...for a long time...however I think that there are other issues at play, and that there render speed is the same. In the Poser plugin at the moment, the FOV is not calculating correctly, and therefore I beleive the depth of field is changing - which has a big impact of the render speed. This will be fixed in Beta04 of the Poser plugin.

Yes, I found a bug with the plugin and SSS, which is fixed in Beta04.

Is there some mesh tearing on James hip in your render? (Pls post answer in the Beta test forum :-)

Paul

Yes! thanks
areafilm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser