cannot save settings...`

Forums: cannot save settings...`
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

cannot save settings...`

Postby Seaking406 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:02 am

Seaking406 Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:02 am
Greetings, I recently upgraded my system with an additional card and everything works great, 3 gpu rendering nicely, no probs.

Unfortunately, after I updated the gfx drivers, Octane and Poser seem to be having conniptions whereas they no longer load up with my prefs or default settings..

Every time I open up Octane, I now have to set every thing each time as if for the first time. Before, it would load up with my preferred lighting, Kernel settings, imager settings.. Good thing I noted all of these settings down in the beginning so I don't have to relearn everything.. erk. When I shut down Poser/Octane and later launch them, all the settings are basically reset to factory settings.. ergh.

With Poser, it's the preview render window settings they get all messed up, I have to reset them every time I launch Poser..

Is this all about updating the gfx drivers? In the past I would get the latest drivers from the nvidia site, but this time, I had gone to the Zotac site for the drivers. What IS odd now is that the renders are noticeably faster?! So confused.

What can I do to resolve this issue?

Cheers!
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: cannot save settings...`

Postby face_off » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:54 am

face_off Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:54 am
You have probably not copied over your plugin preferences. You can save a Rendertarget as the "startup" rendertarget by using the "Save as Default" menu option. https://docs.otoy.com/PoserH/PoserPluginManual.htm#Poser/RenderSettings.htm

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: cannot save settings...`

Postby Seaking406 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:30 pm

Seaking406 Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:30 pm
face_off wrote:You have probably not copied over your plugin preferences. You can save a Rendertarget as the "startup" rendertarget by using the "Save as Default" menu option. https://docs.otoy.com/PoserH/PoserPluginManual.htm#Poser/RenderSettings.htm

Paul

AH! thanks for that Paul... I had changed the save path to another drive but for what ever reason it doesn't want to play well with the file being anywhere else but default..

Much appreciated! Cheers
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser