OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2022.1 - 206 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2022.1 - 206 [OBSOLETE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2022.1 - 206 [OBSOLETE]

Postby toby_a » Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:33 am

toby_a Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:33 am
This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender for DAZ Studio - TEST (ie. pre-release) and STABLE releases.

SOLUTIONS TO COMMON ISSUES

1) Make sure your NVIDIA drivers are up to date.

2) Make sure you are running the latest version of the OctaneRender for DAZStudio plugin.

3) If you experience a DAZStudio crash - deleting C:\Users\[username]\OctaneRender\Data\OctaneRender_settings.oczdb may resolve the issue.
This also resolves the "COULD NOT INITIALISE IN-MEMORY DB!" error on startup and a number of other issues.

4) If the Save button is disabled when using the Final button - disable the Final button and in Render settings select the SuperScope (2:1) Size / aspect ratio and drag the Viewport height or width until you reach required resolution.

5) If rendering an animation fails after 11 frames - make sure the DAZStudio viewport is visible when you render the animation.

6) If Octane materials are not loading when you load a previously saved scene - tick Preferences->Load OctaneRender materials from .duf user presets. If ticking this option does not stick between DAZStudio restarts, delete OctaneRender_settings.oczdb as per NOTE 3 above.

7) If you get a "Could not save a frame for X times!" - please search the forum for potential solutions.

8) If you get a "Bogus Scene Path" error - this is due to having an apostrophe in the filepath of a texturemap (so store your textures in foldernames which do not have apostrophes).

9) Octane panel title bar is off the screen and cannot be closed - click anywhere on the Octane panel and then press Alt-F4.

10) Rendering animation results in the scene emitter intensities changing - this is because rendering animations is done in "Final" mode, where meshes are merged. To resolve this, UNTICK the Preferences->Use Combined Mesh, or ENABLE the Surface Brightness pin on each of the emission materials in the scene.

11) Denoiser is not working - make sure you have a graphics card selected for Denoising in the System tab->Open Device Settings window, and that you are using the Path Tracing kernel.

12) Render artifacts near eyebrows - this is due to the eyebrow geometry going inside the head mesh surface. So morph, move or scale the eyebrows so they do not intersect with the head mesh.

13) Octane panes do not appear on the screen (ie. they open off the screen) - Main Menu Bar->Window->Workspace->Select Layout->Accept (you might choose a different layout to the current layout to make this work).

KNOWN ISSUES AWAITING RESOLUTION

1) Panoramic camera and OSL nodes are not currently supported.
2) Templating is not currently working for specular and roughness maps from Iray materials. - FIXED (please report any issues)
3) UDIM Tiles are not currently supported. - FIXED (please report any issues)
4) Some of the newer OctaneRender material and texture types are not supported. - FIXED (please report any issues)
5) VDB volume and volumetric spotlight nodes are not currently supported.

DAZ Studio Version
DAZ Studio 4.8 or later on Windows 8, 10 or 11 64bit

To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped.
Also, make sure you use an Nvidia Studio driver of version 451.xx or higher.

Network Rendering

For Network Rendering, you must use the OctaneRender Studio+ Node release from the Octane Standalone forums/download page which matches the exact Octane version of the plugin you are using. This version matches OctaneRender Studio+ 2022.1 Render Node builds.

Support Issues
If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information:
- Operating System (ie. Win 8, 10, 11)
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- DAZ Studio version
- OctaneRender for DAZ Studio version (e.g. 2022.1_206) and subscription type (Studio+/Prime)

- The most important part of resolving a problem is being able to reproduce that problem. So pls provide as much detail as possible in order for me to do this, and if the problem is specific to the scene, send me the scene.

Changes since 2022.1 - 205

• Fixed a problem displaying the render result with certain image resolutions
  • Fixed the up/down arrows for cycling through OCIO views and looks
  • Fixed some warning messages that were appearing in the Daz Studio log file
  • The use of the combined mesh for final rendering is no longer blocked by the presence of instances in the scene

Download Links

Please feel free to report any issues you encounter.

Happy rendering
Your OTOY team
Last edited by toby_a on Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2022.1 - 206 [TEST]

Postby alaman64 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:12 pm

alaman64 Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:12 pm
Hi, just wondering if there is an ETA for the panoramic Lens, thanks.
Asus Z97-A / usb 3.1 - Windows 10 - 980 ti - Titan Black - Titan Z - Daz Studio
alaman64
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby toby_a » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:15 pm

toby_a Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:15 pm
alaman64 wrote:Hi, just wondering if there is an ETA for the panoramic Lens, thanks.

There is no ETA, sorry, but I do intend to add the ability to edit the camera nodes as one of the next few major features.

For now, if you have a Studio+ license, you can export the scene to ORBX and open it in Octane Standalone, change the camera type and render there.

Cheers,
Toby.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby SiliconAya » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:15 pm

SiliconAya Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:15 pm
This might be an unpopular opinion, but before any other new nodes/features get added could the UI lag be looked at? With each addition (nodes, etc) the UI gets slower and slower, it's not uncommon to have a second or 2 delay for the UI to update when using the NGE or just selecting a material in the Materials tab.

An extreme example is this skin material I made back at the end of November, back then it had UI delays of 4 to 5 seconds, which was painful to use, but I could deal with it, now it's much worse, from selecting it in the Materials tab to having it responsive and usable in the NGE it can take over a minute and a half now. It's no longer usable because it's so slow.
SkinMaterial.png

Certain nodes seem to increase the lag more than others, for example the composite texture node, but the addition of more nodes/features to the plugin in general seems to be slowing the UI down.
SiliconAya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby toby_a » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:25 pm

toby_a Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:25 pm
SiliconAya wrote:This might be an unpopular opinion, but before any other new nodes/features get added could the UI lag be looked at? With each addition (nodes, etc) the UI gets slower and slower, it's not uncommon to have a second or 2 delay for the UI to update when using the NGE or just selecting a material in the Materials tab.

An extreme example is this skin material I made back at the end of November, back then it had UI delays of 4 to 5 seconds, which was painful to use, but I could deal with it, now it's much worse, from selecting it in the Materials tab to having it responsive and usable in the NGE it can take over a minute and a half now. It's no longer usable because it's so slow.
SkinMaterial.png

Certain nodes seem to increase the lag more than others, for example the composite texture node, but the addition of more nodes/features to the plugin in general seems to be slowing the UI down.

Hi, thanks for the report.

That does sound pretty annoying, to put it mildly. Would you be able to export that complex material as ORBX for me to have a play with? Feel free to DM me.

Cheers,
Toby.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby toby_a » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:46 am

toby_a Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:46 am
toby_a wrote:
SiliconAya wrote:This might be an unpopular opinion, but before any other new nodes/features get added could the UI lag be looked at? With each addition (nodes, etc) the UI gets slower and slower, it's not uncommon to have a second or 2 delay for the UI to update when using the NGE or just selecting a material in the Materials tab.

SkinMaterial.png

Hi, thanks for the report.

That does sound pretty annoying, to put it mildly. Would you be able to export that complex material as ORBX for me to have a play with? Feel free to DM me.

Cheers,
Toby.

Thanks for sending me the material, @SilconAya. I can reproduce the slowness. Unfortunately, it's not going to be a quick fix. The problem appears to be primarily due to building the huge nested tree of controls that is shown in the node editor when the material or material out nodes are selected. I have an idea for how to fix this but it's going to involve a big change to how the code works. I have an idea for a change that might make it possible to use the node editor for large materials like this, but I can't promise I'll be able to do much in the near future.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby alaman64 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:52 pm

alaman64 Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:52 pm
toby_a wrote:
alaman64 wrote:Hi, just wondering if there is an ETA for the panoramic Lens, thanks.

There is no ETA, sorry, but I do intend to add the ability to edit the camera nodes as one of the next few major features.

For now, if you have a Studio+ license, you can export the scene to ORBX and open it in Octane Standalone, change the camera type and render there.

Cheers,
Toby.

Thanks, looking forward to it, also when you do start working on this, there is a problem with saving the camera : Stereo Type Output. When you select side by side, as the stereo type it works, but when you save the file in Daz and re0load it. It looses the stereo type, you have to re select it. Not a big deal, but the first time it happens, it can take a while to figure out why it's not working.
Asus Z97-A / usb 3.1 - Windows 10 - 980 ti - Titan Black - Titan Z - Daz Studio
alaman64
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby toby_a » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:17 am

toby_a Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:17 am
alaman64 wrote:
toby_a wrote:

Cheers,
Toby.

Thanks, looking forward to it, also when you do start working on this, there is a problem with saving the camera : Stereo Type Output. When you select side by side, as the stereo type it works, but when you save the file in Daz and re0load it. It looses the stereo type, you have to re select it. Not a big deal, but the first time it happens, it can take a while to figure out why it's not working.

Yikes, it looks like there are quite a few problems with those camera properties. It looks like none of them load properly, the default value for stereo eye distance is 6.5 meters(!), lens shift units are completely wrong, etc etc. Sorry about all this. What I'll probably do is replace all of those properties with a node graph editor so you can use any of the available camera types and set all of the properties however you like.

Thanks for the report.

Cheers,
Toby.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2022.1 - 206 [OBSOLETE]

Postby toby_a » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:01 am

toby_a Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:01 am
A new 2022.1 version has been released: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=81073
toby_a
OctaneRender Team