OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2021.1.5 - 69 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2021.1.5 - 69 [OBSOLETE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2021.1.5 - 69 [Test]

Postby toby_a » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:37 pm

toby_a Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:37 pm
TRRazor wrote:
I have to admit that I don't really know what the Smart Unfold feature is supposed to do or be used for. Would you be able to briefly describe how you would like to use it in your workflow? I will definitely add this to my list and try to figure out what it's supposed to do and why it was removed.

Smart unfold was a feature of the NGE that let you quickly unfold a particular material making its full material-tree / node-set-up visible in the NGE. (read: Collapse all sub-materials of a particular material and their respective connected nodes and textures, so you could edit the nodes and textures faster and easier without having to double-click each and every node first to collapse them by hand manually.)

It was disabled two or so years ago, since the function could crash the plug-in, when certain materials where combined, respectively, when the material set-up was very complex.

Right, I think I've got it, and Smart Unfold for materials will make a reappearance in version 2021.1.5_70 with at least one major bug fixed.

I don't quite understand what you mean by "double-click each and every node first to collapse them" - as far as I can tell, double-click in the NGE doesn't do anything other than zoom? And maybe we're using the term "collapse" differently but I don't understand why you would need to collapse a node before editing it?

Thanks,
Toby.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2021.1.5 - 69 [OBSOLETE]

Postby toby_a » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:09 am

toby_a Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:09 am
A new test version has been released: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=80166
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team