OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2021.1.5 - 66 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2021.1.5 - 66 [OBSOLETE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2021.1.5 - 66 [Test]

Postby BK » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:43 pm

BK Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:43 pm
delguy wrote:Hi BK,

I even realized thateven after stopping final render, the render keeps restarting. This will create a serious issue to work. Kindly help with this bug at the earliest.

Hi Delguy,

Thanks for the post.
What happens if you disable the "LIVE" button? Does it still restart the render?

I assume "Live" is useful if there is an animated character or vertex animation so we can see the changes.
and we can see updates whenever we change a parameter instead of manually restarting the render.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby BK » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:09 am

BK Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:09 am
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:Anyway we can get a way to set max samples on region renders it tiring that there is no way to set it and i used that a lot on iray when making visual novels to make eyes blinking and not have to render a whole image everytime.

Also its really annoying every thing is in final render i have not used that for a year after it kept failing to let me save and the save was grayed out

Hi Hun73rdk_1,

Sorry, we can not set the max samples for the Region Render since it's our engine behavior and is the same for all the Octane plugins.
Do you happen to remember the steps to replicate this grayed-out bug?

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby delguy » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:14 am

delguy Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:14 am
BK wrote:

I even realized thateven after stopping final render, the render keeps restarting. This will create a serious issue to work. Kindly help with this bug at the earliest.

Hi Delguy,

Thanks for the post.
What happens if you disable the "LIVE" button? Does it still restart the render?

I assume "Live" is useful if there is an animated character or vertex animation so we can see the changes.
and we can see updates whenever we change a parameter instead of manually restarting the render.

cheers

I had disabled the Live button, button my render kept restarting even after I stopped final ender. It also is hanging my PC, hence moved back to earlier build you proided. Thanks for that. If this issue is resolved, would you be moving this plugin to 2022 engine, just asking since you mentioned 2022 AOVs in your earlier response.
delguy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hun73rdk_1 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:08 pm

Hun73rdk_1 Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:08 pm
BK wrote:
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:Anyway we can get a way to set max samples on region renders it tiring that there is no way to set it and i used that a lot on iray when making visual novels to make eyes blinking and not have to render a whole image everytime.

Also its really annoying every thing is in final render i have not used that for a year after it kept failing to let me save and the save was grayed out

Hi Hun73rdk_1,

Sorry, we can not set the max samples for the Region Render since it's our engine behavior and is the same for all the Octane plugins.
Do you happen to remember the steps to replicate this grayed-out bug?

cheers

no sorry i stopped doing final a long time ago after it happened like 6 time in a row and i lost like 15hours of time

And i cant see the difference on the models to final anyway
Join the Octane Daz Fan server for people that uses daz and octane https://discord.gg/wDzwC8tqAK
Hun73rdk_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:36 pm

BK Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:36 pm
delguy wrote:
BK wrote:

Hi Delguy,

Thanks for the post.

cheers

I had disabled the Live button, button my render kept restarting even after I stopped final ender. It also is hanging my PC, hence moved back to earlier build you proided. Thanks for that. If this issue is resolved, would you be moving this plugin to 2022 engine, just asking since you mentioned 2022 AOVs in your earlier response.

Hi Delguy,

Thanks for confirming! Just wondering if you are able to share a video?
Anyways, we are planning to do another release soon!
yes, we would move to the 2022 engine once it's stable.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to DAZ Studio