Problem with objects not showing up in Octane?

Forums: Problem with objects not showing up in Octane?
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Problem with objects not showing up in Octane?

Postby SparkieShock » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:15 am

SparkieShock Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:15 am
Hi .. I get this problem from time to time. I think it happens with older models but it's happening right now with a car conversion I'm trying to get to work.

So I'm trying to get KITT (From Knight Rider) to show up .. the base car (a Trans Am) show's up fine .. but when trying to load the modded version there's nothing coming in to Octane. It's in DAZ .. but refuses to show up in Octane no matter how many times I try to update the textures .. refresh things.
I did once try it where I converted the car to a prop .. or something like that .. and it worked .. the problem is that the car is then just a solid block that doesn't move at all (no doors to windows open as they should).

Seems to be that the geometry itself isn't being recognized. The care does show up in the materials panel in Octane .. and you can see the materials are all there .. but nothing gets rendered.

Anything I can do about this?

Here's a screenshot of my DAZ and Octane panel.

Capture.JPG
Win 10 Pro Edition - Intel i0 10900X - X299 MB - 128GB's KINGSTON FURY 3200 RAM - 2x RTX A6000 GPU's - 1300 Watt Power
DAZ3D - BLENDER - OCTANE STANDALONE and PLUGIN FOR DAZ - OCTANE PRIME for DAZ
SparkieShock
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Problem with objects not showing up in Octane?

Postby huakiami » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:59 pm

huakiami Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:59 pm
Hi SparkieShock,

I know you mentioned you've tried refreshing things, have you tried specifically right-clicking in the Octane viewport and choosing "Rebuild scene from scratch"? I find this often fixes things when geometry is out of sync between the Daz and Octane viewports.
huakiami
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Problem with objects not showing up in Octane?

Postby SparkieShock » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:19 am

SparkieShock Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:19 am
Yeah I tried that ... nothing seems to jog it into working. It's like the geometry simply isn't there.

I have tried to 'convert figure to prop' and then it appears .. although it's not quite right .. the internet dash and custom 'KITT' elements aren't present and instead I'm only seeing the normal Firebird dash. Also the whole thing becomes a brick and doesn't move anymore.
So I suspect the problem is that the model itself (A cr.2) model is just too old to show up correctly. But it's annoying because it will show up in Iray and the new PBR game render engine in DAZ. So .. the model works .. but Octanerender refuses to show it.
Win 10 Pro Edition - Intel i0 10900X - X299 MB - 128GB's KINGSTON FURY 3200 RAM - 2x RTX A6000 GPU's - 1300 Watt Power
DAZ3D - BLENDER - OCTANE STANDALONE and PLUGIN FOR DAZ - OCTANE PRIME for DAZ
SparkieShock
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio