Wet Skin - Partial Solution

Forums: Wet Skin - Partial Solution
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Wet Skin - Partial Solution

Postby 3dxcentric » Tue May 04, 2021 11:02 pm

3dxcentric Tue May 04, 2021 11:02 pm
Hey guys,

I don't know about you, but for me the Shangri-la of Octane rendering was wet looking skin, especially with the old Redspec textures (bless their hearts). Well, the other day I stumbled upon an answer. I bought this "Wet and Wild" skin mod by the SF-Design. You can find it here. https://www.daz3d.com/skin-doctor-wet-w ... 3-female-s. I loaded it up, picked one of the second skins (I believe I chose SD WW Skin 01) and it placed a second skin over all of my normal textures. That's key because you retain everything under it.

Now, anything that produces a "second skin" will probably work. The issue with this mod is that it works fine for plain skin in IRAY. But when you want fancy RedSpec skin in Octane, it falls apart.

So I made a quick change. I took all the textures in Octane that relate to this "new skin", and simply changed them all to one of the "water" textures in the LiveDB. I think I used "cool water". Voila, shiny skin. Adjust roughness and opac as necessary. It can also look like lotion with the right roughness.

Is it perfect? No. But I'm very tired of literally no solutions here for this problem we've had for years. If you guys can figure out a way to use opac maps to make it even better, I'm all ears.
3dxcentric
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Wet Skin - Partial Solution

Postby Hun73rdk_1 » Wed May 05, 2021 12:12 am

Hun73rdk_1 Wed May 05, 2021 12:12 am
You trying to make redspec more shiny you can set that to lower on the redspec skin

no clue if that is what you wanted i am gonna look for the shader i made for similar product you linked to to use with redspec
Attachments
redspec-wet.PNG
Join the Octane Daz Fan server for people that uses daz and octane https://discord.gg/wDzwC8tqAK
Hun73rdk_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio