OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2020.2 - 12.57 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2020.2 - 12.57 [OBSOLETE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2020.2 - 12.57 [TEST]

Postby Hun73rdk_1 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:16 am

Hun73rdk_1 Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:16 am
BK wrote:
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:Also really need a fix for the live DB i keep loosing names and sometimes materials there is less and less every time i start up Daz now i am down to 60 then i need to delete the DB file to get it all back to normal for a day or two.

Hiya,

Thanks again!! Maybe the issue was caused due to resync of the database.
Would it be better if we use Octane's native LiveDB UI as other Octane plugins?

Cheers

NO clue i never used other plugins for octane so i have no idea what it looks like but i just want something that works

If you can post a screenshot of what you think it should look like
Join the Octane Daz Fan server for people that uses daz and octane https://discord.gg/wDzwC8tqAK
Hun73rdk_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby 3dxcentric » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:00 am

3dxcentric Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:00 am
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:
BK wrote:
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:Also really need a fix for the live DB i keep loosing names and sometimes materials there is less and less every time i start up Daz now i am down to 60 then i need to delete the DB file to get it all back to normal for a day or two.

Hiya,

Thanks again!! Maybe the issue was caused due to resync of the database.
Would it be better if we use Octane's native LiveDB UI as other Octane plugins?

Cheers

NO clue i never used other plugins for octane so i have no idea what it looks like but i just want something that works

If you can post a screenshot of what you think it should look like

I can report I also have this issue. I don't know what causes it. I have to delete my livedb.ocb from the data folder and reload it to get it to work again.
3dxcentric
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hun73rdk_1 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:37 am

Hun73rdk_1 Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:37 am
Also can we get an option to force a certain amount of samples to region renders i really need that used i a ton in iray
Also we need better support for HDRI its impossible to get the same look like in Iray and for a product i pay for it should at least be on par with Iray with that.
The HDRI scale is wrong and i been trying to mok around with it and never got a result near iray in scale and round
Join the Octane Daz Fan server for people that uses daz and octane https://discord.gg/wDzwC8tqAK
Hun73rdk_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby sudisk » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:10 pm

sudisk Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:10 pm
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:Also can we get an option to force a certain amount of samples to region renders i really need that used i a ton in iray

I second that. When we do a 10k samples render we don't want to have to rerender the whole thing just because we messed up a thumb rotation. We also want to have the same amount of samples in the region render as the whole picture to avoid any visible boundary change.
sudisk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Kanne » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:20 pm

Kanne Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:20 pm
Hi,

if i export all render passes using PNG16 the current set Gamma is ignored. He exports them with Gamma 1 instead of 2.2. In the viewport it is displayed right, but exported the single layers are dark. If i save only one layer, it is exported correctly too. Is this a bug or am i missing a setting?
Kanne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:57 pm

BK Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:57 pm
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:Also can we get an option to force a certain amount of samples to region renders i really need that used i a ton in iray
Also we need better support for HDRI its impossible to get the same look like in Iray and for a product i pay for it should at least be on par with Iray with that.
The HDRI scale is wrong and i been trying to mok around with it and never got a result near iray in scale and round

Hi Hun73rdk_1,
Thank you for the feedback.
The render region feature needs to be implemented from the Octane Engine level so, we just have to wait for a bit.
Please share some samples or steps for us to make the material conversion improvement in future releases.
We are assuming this could be related to Daz's scene scale setup.
Please share the steps to replicate it..

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby BK » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:34 pm

BK Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:34 pm
Kanne wrote:Hi,

if i export all render passes using PNG16 the current set Gamma is ignored. He exports them with Gamma 1 instead of 2.2. In the viewport it is displayed right, but exported the single layers are dark. If i save only one layer, it is exported correctly too. Is this a bug or am i missing a setting?

Hi Kanne,

Thank you for the post.
We are unable to replicate this.

Could you please confirm if you are running this build?

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Kanne » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:50 pm

Kanne Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:50 pm
BK wrote:

Hi Kanne,

Thank you for the post.

Cheers

I can confirm, see screenshot attached. Is it possible those old "pins" are causing these issues? Can i get rid of them without recreating the whole scene? It's quite an old scene i keep updating. I created new render-settings and a new camera, but still using the the export all passes function, no mather how many and which, does not get exported as linear with gamma 2.2.
Attachments
2021-03-25 13_21_48-Window.png
Kanne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:12 am

BK Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:12 am
Kanne wrote:
BK wrote:

Hi Kanne,

Thank you for the post.

Cheers

I can confirm, see screenshot attached. Is it possible those old "pins" are causing these issues? Can i get rid of them without recreating the whole scene? It's quite an old scene i keep updating. I created new render-settings and a new camera, but still using the the export all passes function, no mather how many and which, does not get exported as linear with gamma 2.2.

Hi Kanne,

thank you!! we are able to replicate this now.
We will get this fixed in the next release.

In the meantime, please export the render passes from the Animation tab.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Kanne » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:20 am

Kanne Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:20 am
BK wrote:Hi Kanne,

thank you!! we are able to replicate this now.
We will get this fixed in the next release.

In the meantime, please export the render passes from the Animation tab.

cheers

Hi BK,

glad to hear and thank you for investigating with so few information and for the tip with the animation tab. I will try it.

Kind regards.
Kanne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to DAZ Studio