OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2020.2 - 12.57 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2020.2 - 12.57 [OBSOLETE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2020.2 - 12.57 [TEST]

Postby Banti » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:07 pm

Banti Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:07 pm
So I was wondering if it would be possible somehow to have the SubDivision-Level work like in Iray, so that we dont need to crank up the viewport subD-level for the characters. When I have 2 or more characters on subD level 3 the viewport becomes a laggy mess and even crashes on me rather frequently. This would be very helpful especially when working with scattering based skin, as the faceting is still persistent and only becomes less visible on subD levels 3+
Banti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:46 am

BK Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:46 am
rajib wrote:Thank you BK and Otoy Team for the update.

It feels faster when rendering. Btw. I thought 2020.2 was supposed to have RTX On by default. For me it was off after starting Daz Studio. I turned it on manually.

I do like the new color correction node. It does help a lot. I use it everywhere and now I have more and better control over the output. Thank you.

I also see some changes in the Imager Settings. Will explore.

Will feedback after rendering couple of my existing scenes with it.

Best regards,
Rajib

Update :
I can confirm the Daz Studio does exit when closed. Just that it takes around a minute or so. During that time I can see the memory decreasing bit by bit and the CPU utilization of around 3.x% on my PC.

Also looks like a bug with the Specular layer which was creating a reflection / highlight on the side facing the camera if the light was on the other side of the character is now gone. Thank you for that. I will try and post an example of before and after for this.

Got a crash while clicking the Gain + in the Color Correction Node fast (multiple times) while the render was still going on. One other thing the Gain slide jumps the value by a lot even with a very slight move. Please fix that.

Hi Rajib,

Thank you so much for reporting this and sorry for the late response!!

We were not able to replicate the crash issue while clicking the Gain not sure if it is happening with other users too.

Would you please share or PM me the scene so we could take a look on our end?

Regards
BK
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby BK » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:58 am

BK Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:58 am
Tugpsx wrote:Anyone else playing with the network rendering?
The attachment OctaneDazStudioNet.PNG is no longer available

Right after the render finished i noticed it dropped the connection to the node.

18:26:51.567: +++++ Plugin running.
18:38:58.916: disconnecting daemon 10.0.1.125 since it didn't reply for more than 20s
18:46:53.163: could not bind to daemon 10.0.1.81 because it has incorrect state: slave is authenticating

The attachment Daz dForm Hair Octane.PNG is no longer available

Some dForce hair still doesn't work even with the below settings:

dForce hair in Octane and iRay
===============================
Parameters for the hair
Under General:
Simulation Generate PR Hair: ON
Preview PR hair: ON
Line Tesselation:
Viewport Line Tesselation Sides : 2
Render Line Tesselation Sides : 3

Hi Tugpsx,

Thank you so much for reporting these.

Could you please try to disable/reenable the Network rendering option and see if the Master is able to bind the Render node?

Regarding the hair issue, where can we find/download it? We tried the sample and it rendered okay!

DazHairRender.jpg

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Sorel » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:43 am

Sorel Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:43 am
BK wrote:
OctaneDazStudioNet.PNG

Right after the render finished i noticed it dropped the connection to the node.

18:38:58.916: disconnecting daemon 10.0.1.125 since it didn't reply for more than 20s
18:46:53.163: could not bind to daemon 10.0.1.81 because it has incorrect state: slave is authenticating

Daz dForm Hair Octane.PNG

Parameters for the hair
Under General:
Line Tesselation:

Hi Tugpsx,

Could you please try to disable/reenable the Network rendering option and see if the Master is able to bind the Render node?

Regarding the hair issue, where can we find/download it? We tried the sample and it rendered okay!

DazHairRender.jpg

cheers

Hey BK. Regarding the hair, I believe the strand based hair itself is fine, it is the dforce hair that is the problem. THe dforce hair is the dynamic version of the strand based hair, but only the vendors at Daz are allowed to turn strand based hair into dforce hair to make it become dynamic. Some dforce hairs dont show up at all, some will work with the stated work around, but only for so long before octane stops rendering it. I just tried the dforce version of that mohawk and it doesn't show up at all. I imagine if iray can render it octane must be able to render it somehow.
Sorel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:08 am

BK Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:08 am
sudisk wrote:Is it possible to install the plugin on the DAZ Studio beta build ?

I used to have it on both the current and the beta builds and I don't see a way to change the installation target anymore.

Hi Sudisk,
Thank you for reporting this.

Confirmed the dialog to change the installation target is not appearing anymore.
We are looking into this!

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby BK » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:51 am

BK Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:51 am
Sorel wrote:
BK wrote:
OctaneDazStudioNet.PNG

Daz dForm Hair Octane.PNG

Parameters for the hair
Under General:
Line Tesselation:

Hi Tugpsx,

DazHairRender.jpg

cheers

Hey BK. Regarding the hair, I believe the strand based hair itself is fine, it is the dforce hair that is the problem. THe dforce hair is the dynamic version of the strand based hair, but only the vendors at Daz are allowed to turn strand based hair into dforce hair to make it become dynamic. Some dforce hairs dont show up at all, some will work with the stated work around, but only for so long before octane stops rendering it. I just tried the dforce version of that mohawk and it doesn't show up at all. I imagine if iray can render it octane must be able to render it somehow.

Hi Sorel,

Thank you so much for explaining the workflow.
Totally agree with you!!
We are able to replicate this issue with Mohawk dforce version.
Adding this issue to our to-do list !!

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Hun73rdk_1 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:16 pm

Hun73rdk_1 Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:16 pm
Banti wrote:So I was wondering if it would be possible somehow to have the SubDivision-Level work like in Iray, so that we dont need to crank up the viewport subD-level for the characters. When I have 2 or more characters on subD level 3 the viewport becomes a laggy mess and even crashes on me rather frequently. This would be very helpful especially when working with scattering based skin, as the faceting is still persistent and only becomes less visible on subD levels 3+

Yea that could be really nice with all the chars i have in a scene the viewoport almost crawl to a halt they realy need to chenge that
Join the Octane Daz Fan server for people that uses daz and octane https://discord.gg/wDzwC8tqAK
Hun73rdk_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hun73rdk_1 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:37 pm

Hun73rdk_1 Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:37 pm
Also really need a fix for the live DB i keep loosing names and sometimes materials there is less and less every time i start up Daz now i am down to 60 then i need to delete the DB file to get it all back to normal for a day or two.
Join the Octane Daz Fan server for people that uses daz and octane https://discord.gg/wDzwC8tqAK
Hun73rdk_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:22 am

BK Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:22 am
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:
Banti wrote:So I was wondering if it would be possible somehow to have the SubDivision-Level work like in Iray, so that we dont need to crank up the viewport subD-level for the characters. When I have 2 or more characters on subD level 3 the viewport becomes a laggy mess and even crashes on me rather frequently. This would be very helpful especially when working with scattering based skin, as the faceting is still persistent and only becomes less visible on subD levels 3+

Yea that could be really nice with all the chars i have in a scene the viewoport almost crawl to a halt they realy need to chenge that

Thank you Banti, Hun73rdk_1

Totally agree!! we will check if this feature can be added in the near future releases!

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby BK » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:29 am

BK Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:29 am
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:Also really need a fix for the live DB i keep loosing names and sometimes materials there is less and less every time i start up Daz now i am down to 60 then i need to delete the DB file to get it all back to normal for a day or two.

Hiya,

Thanks again!! Maybe the issue was caused due to resync of the database.
Would it be better if we use Octane's native LiveDB UI as other Octane plugins?

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio