Update on DAZStudio plugin development

Forums: Update on DAZStudio plugin development
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: Update on DAZStudio plugin development

Postby Kanne » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:08 pm

Kanne Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:08 pm
Hi Otoy Team,

its been nearly a month since the announcement. Are you able to share some informations on the current state or the progress of the development? I'am well aware the refactoring will take a lot of time and effort and we probably have to wait quite a while till we get news regarding that task but some information on the state / progress of the current plugin would be very appreciated.

Kind regards.
Kanne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby huakiami » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:06 pm

huakiami Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:06 pm
Bump to this. Would also be nice to see an update to existing plugin compiled with Octane 2020.2, even without any feature changes or updates, just so those of us using 30XX RTX cards can start using the denoiser again.
huakiami
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby apollyonpt » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:44 pm

apollyonpt Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:44 pm
I wouldn't have my hopes too high if I were you. past performance are not in favor of otoy
apollyonpt
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby delguy » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:37 am

delguy Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:37 am
Hi,
Please let us know when do we see any changes as currently denoiser doesn't work with rtx 3000 series. It would be nice to be able to use my 3090 with otoy.
delguy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:26 pm

BK Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:26 pm
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late reply.

We are still working on it and currently have managed to fix some major bugs.
yep, we will try to release a merged 2020.2 build asap(no new features), however, would support Denoiser for 30xx cards.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby delguy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:51 pm

delguy Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:51 pm
Hello,
An ETA for revised plug-in would be great so that we could check and download the new plug in when it is released.
Thanks
delguy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Kanne » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:56 pm

Kanne Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:56 pm
I'am not sure whether to post feature requests in this thread, in this (viewtopic.php?f=44&t=72407&hilit=request&start=20) or another one. Please let me know.

Feature-requests:
- direct export to orc
- grouping of objects in the octane materials scene surfaces tab or inheriate the hirarchy from the daz scene view
- smart unfold on materials. At the moment its only possible on certain nodes, but not on material nodes, if i'am correct.
- possibility to copy multiple nodes at once. At the moment it's only possible to copy a parrent node with its childs. If you copy the whole material it's not unfolded and you can't unfold it at the moment.
- a global property controller would be really appreciated to control properties across multiple materials at once. Use-Case: for example setting the random walk radius on certain materials (not all) face, arms, legs, torso but not eyes for example.
- possibility to template specular maps (appears to be a bug for quite a while now)
- checkbox to control whether selecting a material should unfold all related scene surfaces/objects or not. Use-Case: There are many objects with many materials and materials should be assigned to 2 objects where one is at the top of the scene surface scroll view an the other is at the bottom and the material is already assigned to other surfaces on objects in between. Once the material is selected all objects are unfolded which leads to a lot of scrolling)
Kanne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:15 am

BK Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:15 am
Kanne wrote:I'am not sure whether to post feature requests in this thread, in this (viewtopic.php?f=44&t=72407&hilit=request&start=20) or another one. Please let me know.

Feature-requests:
- direct export to orc
- grouping of objects in the octane materials scene surfaces tab or inheriate the hirarchy from the daz scene view
- smart unfold on materials. At the moment its only possible on certain nodes, but not on material nodes, if i'am correct.
- possibility to copy multiple nodes at once. At the moment it's only possible to copy a parrent node with its childs. If you copy the whole material it's not unfolded and you can't unfold it at the moment.
- a global property controller would be really appreciated to control properties across multiple materials at once. Use-Case: for example setting the random walk radius on certain materials (not all) face, arms, legs, torso but not eyes for example.
- possibility to template specular maps (appears to be a bug for quite a while now)
- checkbox to control whether selecting a material should unfold all related scene surfaces/objects or not. Use-Case: There are many objects with many materials and materials should be assigned to 2 objects where one is at the top of the scene surface scroll view an the other is at the bottom and the material is already assigned to other surfaces on objects in between. Once the material is selected all objects are unfolded which leads to a lot of scrolling)

Hi Kanne,

Thank you so much for sharing this list.
It's very helpful for us.
-Orbx import/export fix is the first thing we planned for the next build.
We recommend at least check the ORBX scene in Standalone locally before we use the ORC service.
We prefer fixing the current and long-term bugs before implementing any new feature.

Just wondering if we have any existing Octane for Daz (Slack, Skype, or Discord) group chat channels that we could join!!

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Tugpsx » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:42 pm

Tugpsx Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:42 pm
Dell Win Vista 32 | NVIDIA Quadro NVS135M | Core2 Duo T7500 2.20GHz | 4GB
CyberPowerPC Win 7 64| NVIDIA GTX660Ti (3G) GTX480(1.5G) | 16GB
Tugpsx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:41 pm

BK Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:41 pm
Tugpsx wrote:There is a SLACK group for Octane, but i hardly see anyone there
https://octanerendergroup.slack.com/archives/CB8QEMLEN
https://octanerendergroup.slack.com/archives/CB8UVDYDB

Thank you so much Tugpsx for these links.

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio