Fix for the crash on render in 2020.1 and NGE Cutoff fix

Forums: Fix for the crash on render in 2020.1 and NGE Cutoff fix
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Fix for the crash on render in 2020.1 and NGE Cutoff fix

Postby rajib » Wed May 20, 2020 4:22 pm

rajib Wed May 20, 2020 4:22 pm
Hi All,

I have created temporary auto fix for the annoying crash specially with older scenes on click of the OctaneRender Viewport. Point 4. under the Known Issues in viewtopic.php?f=44&t=73445#p374289

The current workaround was to do a empty scene or load a primitive and then render. After that the old scene could be loaded and rendered. But I don't know how many times I forgot to do that and selected the scene to load after opening Daz Studio without opening the Octane Viewport first. And then had to close Daz Studio again and each time wasting minutes.

So I created a small plugin DLL for the Daz Studio (136 KB) that looks for the first scene loaded after Daz Studio opens (which will be the default empty scene) and it will then automatically trigger the Octane Viewport. That way you don't need to remember to trigger the OctaneRender Viewport before loading the scene you want to work on. It will ignore all subsequent scenes that are opened without closing Daz Studio.

The Plugin also adds a pane DBR::Octane Viewport Trigger that you can open from Window->Panes (Tabs)->DBR::Octane Viewport Trigger. You can dock it if you want to. It will show the status of the Octane Viewport trigger:
DBR-OctaneViewportTriggerPane.jpg
Plugin Pane View

You will see a couple of Octane Viewport is not ready. Waiting for a second... before it triggers. This is because when Daz Studio is started, Octane plugin takes a bit of time to complete the background activity before it makes the OctaneRender Viewport clickable. Hence it waits and checks and waits and check.... until it can trigger it. Once it is triggered, you will see the OctaneRender Viewport automatically open.

I did one additional thing. I added a cube primitive to an empty scene and saved it as the default scene that would auto load when Daz Studio was started. I added the cube as in some instances rendering the initial empty scene did not help with the crash. Even after the empty scene had rendered it had crashed on rendering the actual scene. But with the cube (or any primitive or object) in the initial scene I never faced the crash when I opened subsequent scenes. You can save the empty scene with the cube with some name (I used DefaultScene.dsf) and then via F2 or Edit->Preferences : Startup tick the Load File under On Launch and then from the dropdown select browse and select the Default Scene file you just saved. Then click Accept.

DazStartupSetting.jpg
Daz Studio Startup option

Following is my default scene that now gets loaded each time I start Daz Studio.

DefaultSceneWithCube.jpg
My default scene.

With the above done, you don't need to manually remember to trigger the OctaneRender Viewport before opening your actual scene anymore.

To install the DLL:
1. Make sure Daz Studio is closed.
2. Unzip the attached zip and extract to any folder.
3. Rename the DBROctaneTrigger.dl_ to DBROctaneTrigger.dll.
4. Copy DBROctaneTrigger.dll to the C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins folder.

On successful installation, once you start Daz Studio, you can click Help->About Installed Plugin and check that it shows a green indicator against the Designed By Rajib : Octane Trigger Pane:
SuccessfulPluginInstallation.jpg
Plugin Details

Btw. this should work without any issues on Windows 10 with the latest patches. On Windows 7 you will probably need to install the latest Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 Redistributables (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -downloads).

Do note this is a 64Bit version and will not work with Windows / Daz Studio 32Bit version.

To uninstall the DLL.
1. Delete DBROctaneTrigger.dll from C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins

Hope you all find it useful.

Btw. Those facing the Daz Studio still running in the background when Daz Studio is closed, create a text file and name it e.g. CloseDazStudio.bat on your Desktop (.bat should be the extenstion. rename the .txt to .bat) and put taskkill /F /IM DAZStudio.exe in it and save. Then you can double click the batch file after you exit Daz Studio to kill the Daz Studio exe running in the background without having to open the Task Manager, searching for DAZStudio.exe and then killing it.

Regards,
Rajib
Attachments
DBROctaneTrigger.zip
DBROctaneTrigger plugin
(65 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Last edited by rajib on Thu May 21, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Windows 10 Pro i9-9980XE 128GB RAM|4 x Titan RTX
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
NVIDIA 460.89 Studio Standard
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Fix for the crash on render in 2020.1 and NGE Cutoff fix

Postby rajib » Thu May 21, 2020 4:41 pm

rajib Thu May 21, 2020 4:41 pm
Hi All,

I have update my tiny Daz plugin DLL to also fix the NGE details cutoff issue for Nodes like Random Walk, Scattering, Absorption, etc.

Following is what happens when one of the above mentioned nodes is clicked :
NodeDetailsCutOff.jpg
Node details Cut Off.

In this update under the DBR::Octane Viewport Tigger pane you will see 3 buttons :
NGE Details Pane Size +
NGE Details Pane Size -
NGE Details Pane Size Revert

If you click the NGE Details Pane Size + it will increase the size of the NGE details pane and it will resolve the cutoff issue. You can click it multiple times as needed.
NodeDetailsShownFully.jpg
NGE Details Pane Size + : No more details cutoff

If you click the NGE Details Pane Size - it will decrese the size of the NGE details pane. You can use this if you by mistake expanded it too much.
If you click the NGE Details Pane Size Revert it will revert the size of the NGE details pane to the original size.

I hope this help you. Please take the zip file from the previous post (I have updated it) and follow the instructions in that post to install it in your Daz Plugin folder.

Please note this is tested only with Daz Octane Plugin version 2020.1 on Windows 10 with Daz Studio 4.12.1.

If you do use my plugin, do let me know if it solved the issues for you. Thanks.

Regards,
Rajib
Windows 10 Pro i9-9980XE 128GB RAM|4 x Titan RTX
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
NVIDIA 460.89 Studio Standard
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio