Focus follow on animation

Forums: Focus follow on animation
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Focus follow on animation

Postby SparkieShock » Sun May 03, 2020 10:38 pm

SparkieShock Sun May 03, 2020 10:38 pm
Trying to keep camera focused on a characters head while animating him walking forward. Piece of animation I did was set up frame by frame 140 .. because for some f**ked up reason Octane didn't want to just retain the 'Focus to object' for the whole run. Anyways .. animation was done and the focus just did whatever the hell it wanted .. certainly wasn't fixed to the object I had selected (in the case characters head).

I'm trying again with having attached a null to characters head and once again hoping Octane will focus to object ... but am I doing this wrong? .. Is there a better way to set focus.

I might add that whilst trying to set up all these keyframes for camera .. no animation data is being input for camera .. and yet as I skim the animation timeline .. the octane settings in parameters for camera do show it changing (focus depth). So it's being recorded somewhere? .. But where?

How does anyone else set up focus. Or can this simply not be animated cuz it's one more of those things to 'doesn't really work in DAZ'?!
Win 10 Pro Edition - Intel i0 10900X - X299 MB - 128GB's KINGSTON FURY 3200 RAM - 2x RTX A6000 GPU's - 1300 Watt Power
DAZ3D - BLENDER - OCTANE STANDALONE and PLUGIN FOR DAZ - OCTANE PRIME for DAZ
SparkieShock
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Focus follow on animation

Postby face_off » Mon May 04, 2020 3:23 am

face_off Mon May 04, 2020 3:23 am
If you provide a simple scene (using primitives) which demonstrates these problems, I can take a look.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to DAZ Studio