OctaneRender 2020 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2020 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender 2020 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Postby p3taotoy » Sun May 17, 2020 6:22 pm

p3taotoy Sun May 17, 2020 6:22 pm
Gidday Paul,
Under render menu I am able to see the OctaneRender Viewport.... but both the OctaneRender Main and Materials do not pop up when either mouse clicked or using the Function keys.

I thought it might be on a hidden window on a moved monitor etc... so tried the move hidden windows and cascade etc. but nothing moved into view.

Reinstalled Daz from scratch and a new octane plugin install... viewport windows renders fine... but I cant get the other windows to show.

Did a search on the forum... any reports of this before by any chance?

Thanks

Peter

Running Win 10
Daz 1.4.0.35_Win64
Octane Version from this Stream

I have been able to use it before as I was exporting Octane OCS scenes from to the Standalone and it was working superbly.

TreeWoman_JPG.jpg
p3taotoy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon May 18, 2020 12:01 am

face_off Mon May 18, 2020 12:01 am
p3taotoy wrote:Gidday Paul,
Under render menu I am able to see the OctaneRender Viewport.... but both the OctaneRender Main and Materials do not pop up when either mouse clicked or using the Function keys.

I thought it might be on a hidden window on a moved monitor etc... so tried the move hidden windows and cascade etc. but nothing moved into view.

Reinstalled Daz from scratch and a new octane plugin install... viewport windows renders fine... but I cant get the other windows to show.

Did a search on the forum... any reports of this before by any chance?

Thanks

Peter

Running Win 10
Daz 1.4.0.35_Win64
Octane Version from this Stream

I have been able to use it before as I was exporting Octane OCS scenes from to the Standalone and it was working superbly.

TreeWoman_JPG.jpg
Try point 13) in the "Solution to Common Problems" at the top of this thread. You might need to update to a more recent version of DAZStudio too.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Mon May 18, 2020 12:11 am

face_off Mon May 18, 2020 12:11 am
May we all know what you have in your ToDo list ?
Please see the "Known Issues Awaiting Resolution" at the top of this thread for the major items that need addressing.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby p3taotoy » Mon May 18, 2020 2:40 pm

p3taotoy Mon May 18, 2020 2:40 pm
Thanks Paul
Sorry for not reading those first man.. worked great.
Appreciated
p3taotoy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby wader » Tue May 19, 2020 4:42 pm

wader Tue May 19, 2020 4:42 pm
wader wrote:
face_off wrote:
Not sure where else to report this, but since upgrading to the latest version of Daz Studio ( 4.12.1.117 ), Daz will not shut down after closing the its UI - it can be seen in Task Manager with the same memory allocation and no Processor cycles, sitting indefinitely until force-closed.
I can replicate this issue on the BETA build of DAZStudio. Tracing through the DAZStudio shutdown process shows that the Octane plugin is being successfully closed. I think DAZ would need to trace through their code to see what the issue is.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I'll report this to Daz and see if they respond - it's weird, because I dowloaded the latest Public (i.e., beta) build to my system and that does not hang, but the general release does hang. One way or another, their release is having issues here.

Quoting myself here, Daz Support has said that they won't look into this because it involves a third-party plugin. :!:

I gave them your high-level debugging summary above, provided a link to download the free Octane plugin, etc. but their Customer Support seems uninterested and actually directed me to uninstall Octane for solving the problem :?:

I can't work in Daz with Iray for long, Octane is so much better for my personal workflow (and visual preferences) plus is far more interoperable with other 3D s/w where I also use Octane. Ugh.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Ryzen 9 5950X | ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE | 64GB |{ASUS ROG Strix GTX 3090 24GB + (2x) Titan X Pascal 12GB}
wader
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rajib » Wed May 20, 2020 6:10 am

rajib Wed May 20, 2020 6:10 am
face_off wrote:
May we all know what you have in your ToDo list ?
Please see the "Known Issues Awaiting Resolution" at the top of this thread for the major items that need addressing.

Paul

Thanks.

Could you add Render Settings Export / Import. I had highlighted it earlier in viewtopic.php?f=44&t=72407#p367538.

And could you also add point 2 from the issues I highlighted for the 2020.1 release in viewtopic.php?f=44&t=72407&start=20#p382263 ? Regarding the width of the definition panel (right side panel) in the NGE. Sometimes the values are truncated in view and need horizontal scrolling to access it fully. There is no horizontal scrollbar. Best would be to make the panel resizable. But it that can't be done, you can either increase the right hand size panel width to show lets say the Random Walker settings fully (I think that is the widest one) or put a horizontal scrollbar.

Regards,
Rajib
Windows 10 Pro i9-9980XE 128GB RAM|4 x Titan RTX
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
NVIDIA 460.89 Studio Standard
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby wader » Thu May 28, 2020 3:44 am

wader Thu May 28, 2020 3:44 am
face_off wrote:If someone could send me a scene containing basic primitives or standalone DAZStudio figures, that crashes the plugin on the STABLE version of DAZStudio, that would help me track the problem down. I have not yet been able to reproduce this crash.

Not sure where else to report this, but since upgrading to the latest version of Daz Studio ( 4.12.1.117 ), Daz will not shut down after closing the its UI - it can be seen in Task Manager with the same memory allocation and no Processor cycles, sitting indefinitely until force-closed.
I can replicate this issue on the BETA build of DAZStudio. Tracing through the DAZStudio shutdown process shows that the Octane plugin is being successfully closed. I think DAZ would need to trace through their code to see what the issue is.

Paul

Hi Paul ( @face_off ),
In this page, user RayDAnt did some sleuthing and believes that the Octane plugin may not be managing an appropriate signal/message/response with Daz Studio in the case where the most recent Daz builds (general and public) won't shut down when the Octane Daz plugin has been installed:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion ... pdated/p22

If this is the case, it may be that the latest Daz version is exposing a misunderstanding in the protocol between the Octane plugin and Daz Studio (during Studio shutdown, at least.)

FYI, because Daz has essentially stated that they won't install Octane to debug, and since the above data at least can get one's head scratching, I was wondering if you might see a way to try to debugging this from the plugin perspective, perhaps.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Ryzen 9 5950X | ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE | 64GB |{ASUS ROG Strix GTX 3090 24GB + (2x) Titan X Pascal 12GB}
wader
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rohandalvi » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:00 pm

rohandalvi Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:00 pm
Will the daz plugin be able to support the new universal camera.

Regards
Rohan
rohandalvi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:45 am

face_off Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:45 am
rohandalvi wrote:Will the daz plugin be able to support the new universal camera.

Regards
Rohan
It is high up on the TODO list, so hopefully Yes.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby rohandalvi » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:13 am

rohandalvi Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:13 am
Awesome.

Any ETA

regards
Rohan
rohandalvi