OctaneRender 2020 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2020 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender 2020 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Postby face_off » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:54 am

face_off Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:54 am
Yes I suspect I have cross-linked installations, I certainly don't have a subscription license and the prime (Free) version is more than enough for the tacky stuff I do. Should I uninstalled both and just install the Prime version. Removing the Poser Plug-in, The DAZ Stduio Plugin and the Standalone... so many options, so many possible stuff-ups with installations.
What was the filename of the installer you ran to install the plugin please?
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby RGUS » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:08 am

RGUS Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:08 am
face_off wrote:
Yes I suspect I have cross-linked installations, I certainly don't have a subscription license and the prime (Free) version is more than enough for the tacky stuff I do. Should I uninstalled both and just install the Prime version. Removing the Poser Plug-in, The DAZ Stduio Plugin and the Standalone... so many options, so many possible stuff-ups with installations.

looking at all the filenames of all the downloads sorted by date... these are the most likely ones I installed.
In the early days of "Prime" release, I was either dumb and couldn't figure out what version to download and install or maybe it wasn't clear on the OTOY site as to which installer to download... anyways... the filenames are:

OctaneRender_for_DazStudio_2020_1_4_55_PRIME.exe

and I think this one... but there are so many different variables.

OctaneRender_for_DazStudio_2019_1_0_46_REGULAR.exe

If I wanted to installed only the free version... Prime... what is the correct file and how do I get rid on the ones I don't need?

Sorry for being a pain Paul, but these are never simple enough.
WEB: http://rgus.deviantart.com/
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
RAM: 64GB
CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 3.20 GHz
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11 Pro
OCTANE PLUGIN VERSION: 2022.1..1.302 Prime
DAZ STUDIO VERSION: 4.21.0.5 Pro Edition (64 bit)
RGUS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:23 am

face_off Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:23 am
RGUS wrote:
face_off wrote:

looking at all the filenames of all the downloads sorted by date... these are the most likely ones I installed.
In the early days of "Prime" release, I was either dumb and couldn't figure out what version to download and install or maybe it wasn't clear on the OTOY site as to which installer to download... anyways... the filenames are:

OctaneRender_for_DazStudio_2020_1_4_55_PRIME.exe

and I think this one... but there are so many different variables.

OctaneRender_for_DazStudio_2019_1_0_46_REGULAR.exe

If I wanted to installed only the free version... Prime... what is the correct file and how do I get rid on the ones I don't need?

Sorry for being a pain Paul, but these are never simple enough.
It looks like you have installed the PRIME version of the plugin - so that is why the plugin is reporting that you are running the PRIME version. So I think everything is working as expected in that regard. PRIME is the free version of the plugin. REGULAR is the paid-in-full version you would have purchased a few years ago.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby RGUS » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:04 pm

RGUS Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:04 pm
The forum does not allow me to embed more that 3 quoted... thingys, ss, maybe a new thread will continue this conversation.

Paul,
Your comments regarding the double installation on material database errors... continue...

Does this mean in 25 days, 14 hrs... and counting down, the Octane plug-in will turn to custard on my system?
The issue with the "Could not download preview" still remains, even after deleting and following your instructions.. not sure what else to do now.

Thanks
WEB: http://rgus.deviantart.com/
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
RAM: 64GB
CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 3.20 GHz
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11 Pro
OCTANE PLUGIN VERSION: 2022.1..1.302 Prime
DAZ STUDIO VERSION: 4.21.0.5 Pro Edition (64 bit)
RGUS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:06 pm

face_off Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:06 pm
Does this mean in 25 days, 14 hrs... and counting down, the Octane plug-in will turn to custard on my system?
This is an Octane licensing issue - so I suggest you open a ticket via the Support menu at the top of this page.

The issue with the "Could not download preview" still remains, even after deleting and following your instructions.. not sure what else to do now.
You could try deleting the entire C:\Users\[username]\OctaneRender folder and then reinstalling the plugin. Keep in mind this will delete your rendered images in the C:\Users\[username]\OctaneRender\Images folder, so make a backup first.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Fiezekoenig » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:55 pm

Fiezekoenig Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:55 pm
Banti wrote:So recently i have a very frustrating problem. When i apply materials to Gen8 figures, save the scene and then open the scene again, either all or a part of the materials are gone. No matter if its custom materials or materials from the live DB. I deleted the scenes and also the OctaneRender_settings.oczdb/bak a few times with no change. "Load form duf preset" is always checked and i really dont know what the problem here is.

Interessting enough, when i open and modify older scenes i have no problem, the materials are all there when i apply new ones.

Same for me. Did you by chance find any solution for it? Reinstalled the plugin several times, deleted every leftover file, even reinstalled an older Octane version, still the same. Makes the plugin absolutely useless.
Fiezekoenig
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:19 am

face_off Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:19 am
Same for me. Did you by chance find any solution for it? Reinstalled the plugin several times, deleted every leftover file, even reinstalled an older Octane version, still the same. Makes the plugin absolutely useless.
Can you give me some more background on this please? Does it happen with a single G8 figure in the scene, or only when there are multiple G8 figures, or figures with certain props?

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Fiezekoenig » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:38 am

Fiezekoenig Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:38 am
face_off wrote:
Can you give me some more background on this please? Does it happen with a single G8 figure in the scene, or only when there are multiple G8 figures, or figures with certain props?

Paul

Hi Paul,
for me, it happens with a single G8 figure without anything else in the scene. I tried several G8 models and it's the same for all of them: I am applying for example a skin shader, saving the figure as a scene subset and when I reload the file, the materials are all gone. One thing I noticed: there used to be a prompt if I wanted to save unused materials with the .duf file, that prompt also won't show anymore, even if there are unused materials. "Load OctaneRender materials from .duf user presets" is ticked. Like I said, I tried deleting the files in my Octane User directory, reinstalled the plugin several times (even tried 2020.1.0.55) and tested with regular DAZ Studio and the Public Beta.
Fiezekoenig
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Banti » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:58 am

Banti Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:58 am
face_off wrote:

Paul

For me it happens with a single Gen8 Figure + Hair prop. It doesnt happen every time which makes it kinda hard to make out the exact problem. What if found out though, when i used the same name for the scene it happens more often than not. Say i name my scene with a character and mats "ABC" and save it. Sometimes the mats would be gone. If i delete the scene and recreate it with the "ABC" it also happens again. BUT if i recreate the scene with a different name, say "XYZ" the problem is usually gone. I dont really know if this was just coincidences or it is related.
Banti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:36 am

face_off Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:36 am
Banti wrote:
face_off wrote:

Paul

For me it happens with a single Gen8 Figure + Hair prop. It doesnt happen every time which makes it kinda hard to make out the exact problem. What if found out though, when i used the same name for the scene it happens more often than not. Say i name my scene with a character and mats "ABC" and save it. Sometimes the mats would be gone. If i delete the scene and recreate it with the "ABC" it also happens again. BUT if i recreate the scene with a different name, say "XYZ" the problem is usually gone. I dont really know if this was just coincidences or it is related.
Hi. I just started the latest version of the plugin on DAZStudio 4.12.1, added Genesis 8 Basic Female, changed the Arms material to black, saved as .DUF, closed DAZStudio, restarted DAZStudio, loaded the scene, and rendered and the figures arms were black. Is there something more I need to do to reproduce this error please?

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio