OctaneRender 2020 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2020 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender 2020 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Postby Fiezekoenig » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:24 am

Fiezekoenig Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:24 am
Hi, for me, the error most of the time happens on a second or third save. So I create a new figure, change some materials, save, load it back up later, change some more materials, save again and when I then load the file again, the changes are gone and it only loads the materials from the first save.
Fiezekoenig
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:40 am

face_off Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:40 am
Hi, for me, the error most of the time happens on a second or third save. So I create a new figure, change some materials, save, load it back up later, change some more materials, save again and when I then load the file again, the changes are gone and it only loads the materials from the first save.
I changed a material, saved, restarted DAZStudio and reloaded the scene 3 times and got no error. If you can provide a more definitive set of steps I can do to get the error to happen, that would help. Which version of DAZStudio are you using please?

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby SiliconAya » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:23 am

SiliconAya Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:23 am
face_off wrote:
I changed a material, saved, restarted DAZStudio and reloaded the scene 3 times and got no error. If you can provide a more definitive set of steps I can do to get the error to happen, that would help. Which version of DAZStudio are you using please?

Paul

I'm having the material's not saving problem as well. It's happened now and then for a while with some new characters from the Daz store, but since plugin version 2020.1.4.55/DS version 4.12.1 it's happening a lot and not just newer characters. I haven't found a way to reproduce it either, sometimes it's a single g8f in a scene, sometimes there's multiple and if there's multiple it may only affect a single g8f or any combination of them, it also doesn't only affect g8f, it can be anything in the scene.

I'm also seeing a (related?) issue where the material is saving, but the textures in the RGB Image nodes are not, on scene load they're blank/empty, seems to only be RGB Images nodes at the moment. Currently I have a pair of shoes that it's happening to, but last week it was happening to 1 of 3 g8f's in a scene except for her face, in that case I tried deleting and replacing her skin materials, but it still happened afterwards.
SiliconAya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:52 am

face_off Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:52 am
I'm having the material's not saving problem as well. It's happened now and then for a while with some new characters from the Daz store, but since plugin version 2020.1.4.55/DS version 4.12.1 it's happening a lot and not just newer characters. I haven't found a way to reproduce it either, sometimes it's a single g8f in a scene, sometimes there's multiple and if there's multiple it may only affect a single g8f or any combination of them, it also doesn't only affect g8f, it can be anything in the scene.

I'm also seeing a (related?) issue where the material is saving, but the textures in the RGB Image nodes are not, on scene load they're blank/empty, seems to only be RGB Images nodes at the moment. Currently I have a pair of shoes that it's happening to, but last week it was happening to 1 of 3 g8f's in a scene except for her face, in that case I tried deleting and replacing her skin materials, but it still happened afterwards.
An idea for you to explore....on one of my other plugins, as Octane materials got more pins, the amount of space required to save a material to the scene file grew, and eventually exceeded a maximum limit (different for every host app). Perhaps that is happening here? Does it only happen in scenes where there is a complex material with lots of nodes, or does it also happen with scenes containing only simple materials?

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby SiliconAya » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:47 pm

SiliconAya Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:47 pm
face_off wrote:

An idea for you to explore....on one of my other plugins, as Octane materials got more pins, the amount of space required to save a material to the scene file grew, and eventually exceeded a maximum limit (different for every host app). Perhaps that is happening here? Does it only happen in scenes where there is a complex material with lots of nodes, or does it also happen with scenes containing only simple materials?

Paul

Doesn't seem to matter, for either issue, I can have a single character with my normal skin mats on (been using this skin mat for months) and everything will be fine or it wont. Yesterday I had an save with both issues, but at some point the material not saving issue went away.

Today I opened another save I last worked on a few days ago and I have the no colour maps for the skin other than the face and irises, the cloths are fine though. I thought initially this issue might be a result of something in the duf files for newer characters, so this time I used a default g8f and assigned all the texture maps to my skin mats by hand rather than loading the character duf or skin files, as I'd had this issue with this character once of the 2 times I'd used them, but it still has the issue.
SiliconAya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Fiezekoenig » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:26 pm

Fiezekoenig Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:26 pm
Attached is a file where said problem is now always happening for me. So when I load up the file, the materials I had done up to that point will load but whatever I change (even a simple "Create Auto Material" for a single bodypart) won't save no matter what. It's a standard Gen8 Basic Female and no textures in the mats, so you should be able to test it. I am curious if you get the same error with that file.
Attachments
test2.zip
(145.85 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Fiezekoenig
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:12 am

face_off Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:12 am
Fiezekoenig wrote:Attached is a file where said problem is now always happening for me. So when I load up the file, the materials I had done up to that point will load but whatever I change (even a simple "Create Auto Material" for a single bodypart) won't save no matter what. It's a standard Gen8 Basic Female and no textures in the mats, so you should be able to test it. I am curious if you get the same error with that file.
Thanks for providing that file. I could not reproduce the problem you are having, although I don't have the texturemaps you used, so re-linking other maps might have effected things. Is it possible the new Random Walk node is causing problems? Do scene's without this node also exhibit this issue?

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:07 am

face_off Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:07 am
face_off wrote:
Fiezekoenig wrote:Attached is a file where said problem is now always happening for me. So when I load up the file, the materials I had done up to that point will load but whatever I change (even a simple "Create Auto Material" for a single bodypart) won't save no matter what. It's a standard Gen8 Basic Female and no textures in the mats, so you should be able to test it. I am curious if you get the same error with that file.
Thanks for providing that file. I could not reproduce the problem you are having, although I don't have the texturemaps you used, so re-linking other maps might have effected things. Is it possible the new Random Walk node is causing problems? Do scene's without this node also exhibit this issue?

Paul
Further to the above....
If I load your test2 scene, ignore all errors, Materials tab->click the New button to create a new unused material. Then Save As (new filename), yes to save unused materials. Restart DAZStudio, load the file just saved, and the new unused material is loaded correctly.

Which version of DAZStudio are you using please?

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Strange problem with TARA Hair for G8/G3

Postby MyRho » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:03 pm

MyRho Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:03 pm
I've bought the Tara-bundle for DAZ Genesis 8.
I can load the character and the textures but whtaever I try - the Tara Hair (dForce) won't be rendered by octane.
I can see the texture for the cap only.
I've tried to render it without loading the G8 also but it's still invisible although I've checked the settings in DAZ studio...
The hair visibility is set to "1".
When I open the materials editor of octane I can see that there are no textures at all so I didn't try to use the redspec hair shader... - if I check the "surfaces"-tab in DAZ I can see there's an "uber shader"; so I've tried to apply a blank material and/or a different hair texture in the materials editor - nothing changed.
Tara hair is still invisible... :(
I don't know what I could do to render that hair...
Intel Core i7 3960X, X79A-GD65 (8D) (MS-7760), 32 GB DDR3-SDRAM G.Skill,
Asus GeForce GTX 3060 12GB, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit.

Nihil sum sine sole.
MyRho
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Strange problem with TARA Hair for G8/G3

Postby Banti » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:47 am

Banti Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:47 am
MyRho wrote:I've bought the Tara-bundle for DAZ Genesis 8.
I can load the character and the textures but whtaever I try - the Tara Hair (dForce) won't be rendered by octane.
I can see the texture for the cap only.
I've tried to render it without loading the G8 also but it's still invisible although I've checked the settings in DAZ studio...
The hair visibility is set to "1".
When I open the materials editor of octane I can see that there are no textures at all so I didn't try to use the redspec hair shader... - if I check the "surfaces"-tab in DAZ I can see there's an "uber shader"; so I've tried to apply a blank material and/or a different hair texture in the materials editor - nothing changed.
Tara hair is still invisible... :(
I don't know what I could do to render that hair...

dForce/Strand Based Hair is not currently supported by the plugin. Some of them will "kind off" work for some time when playing around with the line tesselation settings but in general, they wont work. See this thread for more information: https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=71635
Banti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio