Page 4 of 8

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:49 pm
by thinkinmonkey
Goldorak wrote:
thinkinmonkey wrote:Hello,
I have to try it more, but it seems very nice and useful software, especially if used with cached vfx, can't wait for the alembic feature.
Do you have a roadmap? Possibly knowing final price?
Thank you.


Sculptron will be inclided for free with studio / enterprise subs and maintenance.


Thank you, Goldorak.
Another question: so it will be possible to use Sculptron also with other softwares, for example, with Houdini, importing/exporting vdb simulations to and from Houdini will be possible and so, right?
Sculptron will not be restricted to Octane, right?
Thank you again.

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:32 pm
by linograndiotoy
thinkinmonkey wrote:
Goldorak wrote:
thinkinmonkey wrote:Hello,
I have to try it more, but it seems very nice and useful software, especially if used with cached vfx, can't wait for the alembic feature.
Do you have a roadmap? Possibly knowing final price?
Thank you.


Sculptron will be inclided for free with studio / enterprise subs and maintenance.


Thank you, Goldorak.
Another question: so it will be possible to use Sculptron also with other softwares, for example, with Houdini, importing/exporting vdb simulations to and from Houdini will be possible and so, right?
Sculptron will not be restricted to Octane, right?
Thank you again.


Sculptron can be used with any 3D software supporting VDB, SDF, OBJs and MDD cache formats. We're also going to support Alembic soon. Is not possible to import VDB files in Sculptron right now, but we're going to support that in the future (OpenVDB import/editing/export).

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:12 am
by mustardseedsg
Will there be a MacOS version?

Goldorak wrote:Sculptron will be inclided for free with studio / enterprise subs and maintenance.

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:25 am
by Goldorak
mustardseedsg wrote:Will there be a MacOS version?

Goldorak wrote:Sculptron will be inclided for free with studio / enterprise subs and maintenance.


Yes

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:48 am
by Greg
Hi Lino - so got the Wacom to work. Un-installed and re-installed the driver. Weird.

Anyway, looking forward to giving it a spin. I'll put a video up on pixelfondue.com / https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk_uW-XmKnH0KQs-NmE0AUQ when I get a chance.

G

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:34 am
by linograndiotoy
Greg wrote:Hi Lino - so got the Wacom to work. Un-installed and re-installed the driver. Weird.

Anyway, looking forward to giving it a spin. I'll put a video up on pixelfondue.com / https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk_uW-XmKnH0KQs-NmE0AUQ when I get a chance.

G


Awesome!

Next build is going to bring more than an 800% increase in sculpting speed, symmetry mode fixes, dedicated tablet navigation, UI improvements fixes and more! ;)

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:42 pm
by HHbomb
Any idea how to change voxel size ( number of voxels ) ? Voxel size change nothing... ?

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:03 am
by pegot
HHbomb wrote:Any idea how to change voxel size ( number of voxels ) ? Voxel size change nothing... ?

I am trying to figure that out as well. When I bring a VDB sequence exported from Sculptron into Octane it appears very low res and pixelated.

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:35 am
by linograndiotoy
pegot wrote:
HHbomb wrote:Any idea how to change voxel size ( number of voxels ) ? Voxel size change nothing... ?

I am trying to figure that out as well. When I bring a VDB sequence exported from Sculptron into Octane it appears very low res and pixelated.


Yes, the Voxel Size option defines the VDB resolution. You may have to use decimal values to get the result you need (0.1, 0.05...it really depends on the size of your mesh). Just remember to hit Refresh as you change the Voxel Size, so you can see the preview in OpenGL (not needed before export, internally the new value is applied anyway).

Changing the Opacity value can help better see the final result.

Voxel Size = 0.01
Sculpt_Voxel_Size_01.JPG

Voxel Size = 0.05
Sculpt_Voxel_Size_02.JPG

Voxel Size = 0.1
Sculpt_Voxel_Size_03.JPG

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:09 pm
by pegot
What does the parameter for samples control (default is set to 256)?