2020.1 Issues (2020.1.0.55) :
I am listing the issues I have found with the 2020.1 here. Will continue to list here as I find more.
1. Once Daz is started, if a older scene is loaded and the Render (Octane Viewport) is clicked it instantly crashed Daz Studio. Workaround is to render an empty scene or just put a cube / plane and render and then load the older Daz scene. This was mentioned to me by Isotemod and it worked. Scenes created in the latest version can be closed and opened and rendered without any issue. So I guess some old material definition or some other Octane data stored in the scene file, the latest plugin is not happy with. (Update: 2020-05-10 Glad to hear Paul has been able to reproduce with a scene provided to him and he has reported it to Octane)
2. In the NGE sometimes the right edge in the values panel is truncated and there is no way to resize it. Update : I am seeing the truncation in the material node - Diffuse / Specular etc and some other nodes. But for other nodes the values and controls are being shown in full e.g. Color Correction node.
For the Random Walk node, after clicking the Use Vol Step. for Vol Shadow ray step length toggle button, the left side is truncated and sometimes it is the right that is truncated if you click out and click the Random Walk node again. Anyway, main thing is there is a width issue that you will need to fix or make the panel values part resizable.
3. In Random Walk the Radius I see a range as 0 to 1. But Otoy's launch thread for 2020.1 (viewtopic.php?f=24&t=74586) it shows that you can set it to 3.0 too. I did try to enter 3 and it did accept but it had no effect, only for a value between 0 and 1 it will restart the render. I also thought I could plug in a float to the Radius, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Can you let us know if that 3.0 show in the Otoy 2020.1 thread is actually not correct anymore ?
4. Smart unfold seems to have been disabled only for the Materials - Diffuse / Glossy / Specular /Mix / Toon / Universal / Shadow Cather. It works for everything else like Layers, Images, Mappings, etc. Please enable it for the Materials. I and probably others (who constantly edit materials for every scene) heavily depend on it.
5. Please add the missing Visible Environment as Camera Environment I mentioned in the previous post. It has no Daz dependency. Just duplicate the HDR environment controls in the Environment Tab and call the new set Visible Environment. And whatever texture and values we set for it, plug that into the corresponding Octane API.
6. Daz not exiting (first reported by wader, happens to me too.) when exit is selected. Anyway not sure where is the problem - Daz or Octane plugin.
7. None of the procedural LiveDB materials works in the plugin. They can't even be open them in NGE.