Transparent fabric

Forums: Transparent fabric
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: Transparent fabric

Postby pinarer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:58 pm

pinarer Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:58 pm
face_off wrote:
pinarer wrote:I guess i am having trouble to find Diffuse map under the nodes. i did something like this but nothing changes. i am doing something wrong or/and pinning the wrong thing into diffuse pin.. but couldn't figure it out, i guess i am very close to make this happen :) if you can help me with little more explanation i would appreciate!
Screenshot (32).png
You have a diffuse map and opacity map derived from the same texturemap. That doesn't look right. The diffuse map should be an RGB map with the colors for the diffuse surface. The opacity map should be either a B&W map should the visible/invisible areas, or an RGB map with an alpha channel (in which case you would use a Alpha Image node plugged into the opacity pin).

If you send me the dress scene and maps I can take a closer look.

Paul

I actually tried with wetransfer link and sent you a message.. hope you can download from there.. Thanks again!!
pinarer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pinarer » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:28 pm

pinarer Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:28 pm
Hi Paul, i dont know if you were able to download from the link that i messaged, but please let me know. I would love to find out how i can achieve this on the daz octane plug in..
Thanks!
pinarer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rajib » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:12 pm

rajib Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:12 pm
HI Pinarer,

It is pretty easy to do. Here is an example. I have 2 plane in the scene. One is the red background and the other above it where I want to show a transparent / translucent spider web. The spider web is just a image (JPG) off the web which has black lines and white background. I want the white areas to be transparent and the black lines to be visible. For opacity black means transparent and white means solid. So basically I want the opposite of the original image as the transparency map. So all you need to do is use the invert node with the image as the input and hook it to the Opacity pin like below :

UseInvert1.jpg
Using the Original Diffuse Texture

Now lets say instead of the black line you wanted blue line, just set the Diffuse to an Blue RGB color :

UseInvert2.jpg
Change the diffuse color

Once the opacity is set, diffuse can be anything for that matter. It will still have the spider web shape.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Rajib
Windows 10 Pro i9-9980XE 128GB RAM|4 x Titan RTX
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
NVIDIA 460.89 Studio Standard
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pinarer » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:14 pm

pinarer Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:14 pm
Thank you very much!! Rajib for a great explanation.. Appreciated!.. I tried your way and it didint work out.. then i found out that, when i created the outfit on marvelous designer,, there was a chiffon fabric under the prints.. so we i was trying to change the top pieces so it wasnt working whatever i did.... then when i changed the opacity of the chiffon fabric under it, it did work out :) finally! :)
Screenshot (41).png
pinarer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to DAZ Studio