Transparent fabric

Forums: Transparent fabric
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Transparent fabric

Postby pinarer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:35 am

pinarer Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:35 am
I am having trouble with a transparency issue on Octane plug in. Hope i can get a help here ... The image shows what i would like to achieve. I did this on Marvelous designer.
pinar-velvetdress.jpg

But when i tried on Octane plug in on daz, i did the velvet part but not able to do that spider web..
velvet-octanerender.png

I tried on stand alone Octane render after watching a tutorial, i could able to do there the transparency by uploading jpg image on diffuse as RGB image and then upload the same image with cut out back as png on opacity as alpha channel.

I tried NGE on plug in but couldnt figure it out the rest because couldnt find out where i can upload the alpha image.. looks like the interface of the plug in and standalone is little different , So this is where i am on octane plug in on daz.
screenshot1.png

any idea what i need to do next to achieve that transparency? Thanks!!
pinarer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Transparent fabric

Postby face_off » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:19 am

face_off Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:19 am
Hi. You need to plug the opacity map file ("spider-web-blue-thicker.jpg") into the Opacity pin of the material. You will also need to tick the Invert checkbox on the Texture node to reverse the opacity.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby pinarer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:42 am

pinarer Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:42 am
face_off wrote:Hi. You need to plug the opacity map file ("spider-web-blue-thicker.jpg") into the Opacity pin of the material. You will also need to tick the Invert checkbox on the Texture node to reverse the opacity.

Paul

Hi Paul thanks alot for the reply. I am sorry i having trouble to understand what you mean.. i dont want to be sound like a dumb :)) but i am very new to this transparency and NGE.... how will i plug the opacity map file in to the opacity of the material? from where? under the nodes list what i need to choose,
and plug that into opacity?

I see 2 opacity here, i marked it.. or do i need to upload an image on opacity?
Screenshot (25).png
pinarer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pinarer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:09 am

pinarer Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:09 am
may be something like this? i also tried with png image here but the back is still white..
Screenshot (27).png
pinarer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pinarer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:34 am

pinarer Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:34 am
and when i click the the invert that i marked, then this happens.. ofcourse i dont even know if i am plugging the right thing and click the right invert or not..
Screenshot (28).png
pinarer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:53 am

face_off Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:53 am
That final image looks right. Now just plug the diffuse map in to the diffuse pin.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby pinarer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:06 pm

pinarer Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:06 pm
I guess i am having trouble to find Diffuse map under the nodes. i did something like this but nothing changes. i am doing something wrong or/and pinning the wrong thing into diffuse pin.. but couldn't figure it out, i guess i am very close to make this happen :) if you can help me with little more explanation i would appreciate!
Screenshot (32).png
pinarer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pinarer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:42 am

pinarer Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:42 am
This is interesting, because when i do the same nods on standalone Octane, the transparency works.. here the example
Screenshot (36).png

and here is the octane plug in one on daz.. black background doesnt go away for some reason..
Screenshot (37).png

now i started to think that may be on my daz, the outfit looks like this.. this gray metallic.. that might be the reason? i dont know how to change from here yet, i was just focusing on the octane plug in.. may be thats the reason? any idea?
Screenshot (38).png
pinarer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:17 am

face_off Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:17 am
pinarer wrote:I guess i am having trouble to find Diffuse map under the nodes. i did something like this but nothing changes. i am doing something wrong or/and pinning the wrong thing into diffuse pin.. but couldn't figure it out, i guess i am very close to make this happen :) if you can help me with little more explanation i would appreciate!
Screenshot (32).png
You have a diffuse map and opacity map derived from the same texturemap. That doesn't look right. The diffuse map should be an RGB map with the colors for the diffuse surface. The opacity map should be either a B&W map should the visible/invisible areas, or an RGB map with an alpha channel (in which case you would use a Alpha Image node plugged into the opacity pin).

If you send me the dress scene and maps I can take a closer look.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby pinarer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:47 pm

pinarer Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:47 pm
on Octane plug in i couldnt find alpha image option like i could find on stand alone.. so that's why i dont know how to add all those.. and couldnt find any tutorial information online.. Thanks!! for the help offer. Where can i send the files? I tried with direct message but it doesnt allow me to attach duf file.
pinarer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to DAZ Studio