Copy/paste shaders without replacing existing textures. How?

Forums: Copy/paste shaders without replacing existing textures. How?
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Copy/paste shaders without replacing existing textures. How?

Postby Petec » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:33 pm

Petec Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:33 pm
Like the subject line reads, I am curious as to whether there is a way to copy say, a skin shader, from one surface to another without replacing the existing textures on the second surface (the one being pasted to).

If I am adjusting several settings at once (bump, transmission, roughness, etc) on say a neck, and want to copy those same settings to the face, I would like to copy/paste those settings in one go without replacing the face textures. So far, I've only found the paste command, but not a "paste material settings keep existing textures" command.

I am new to the Daz Studio Plugin but have used the Poser plugin for some time, where this process is pretty simple to accomplish. If anyone can point out how to get this done in the DS plugin, I would appreciate it.
Petec
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Copy/paste shaders without replacing existing textures. How?

Postby birdovous » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:33 am

birdovous Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:33 am
If the textures you are talking about are the textures that are applied to the character in the DAZ material itself, then it is relatively simple. All you have to do is to change all textures to templates in the material you will use as source for copying and then after you copy it to its destination, you just right-click it in the Octane plugin's materials pane and select the replace active maps option. This will update texture bitmaps from the DAZ object while leaving all other values untouched.
Birdovous
Master: Core i7 2600K, 32GB RAM, 2x EVGA GTX Titan X (SC)
Slave 1: Core i5 4460, 16GB RAM, 2x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
Slave 2: Core i7 9700K, 64GB RAM, 2x ASUS RTX 2080 Ti
birdovous
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Petec » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:51 pm

Petec Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:51 pm
I am not sure how to change textures to template, but I will give it a try. Thanks for the tips.
Petec
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:42 pm

face_off Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:42 pm
There is a guide for Templating at https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=54497

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to DAZ Studio