Help with Octane and DAZ3d please?

Forums: Help with Octane and DAZ3d please?
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Help with Octane and DAZ3d please?

Postby vbrabble » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:56 pm

vbrabble Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:56 pm
Hello,

I tried the trial version of Octane and I was able to get an image in the viewport. Now that I subscribe to the plugin, I am stuck in the endless Building geometry within Viewport.
I know I am missing something, but I searched this website and DAZ's and still can't find the solution. Can someone please point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance.

VB
Attachments
Octane clip.PNG
vbrabble
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Help with Octane and DAZ3d please?

Postby face_off » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:00 am

face_off Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:00 am
Hi. What version of the plugin did you install please? Also check the Octane Log at the bottom of the System tab. Finally, you could try deleting the OctaneRender_settings.oczdb file as per NOTE 1 of https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=69571.

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Help with Octane and DAZ3d please?

Postby vbrabble » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:36 pm

vbrabble Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:36 pm
face_off wrote:Hi. What version of the plugin did you install please? Also check the Octane Log at the bottom of the System tab. Finally, you could try deleting the OctaneRender_settings.oczdb file as per NOTE 1 of https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=69571.

Thanks

Paul

Paul thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction.

I had R4.0.0.41 which I downloaded as the most current from the downloads page. I uninstalled it and installed R4.1.1.43 from the link you provided. It still didn't work. I then checked the log and I was getting a CUDA 999 error. I checked to see if my NVIDIA drivers were current and then I read the string about the current NVIDIA driver crashing the system. I then removed the driver and rolled back to the previous driver ... and now it is working.

Again thanks! I needed a nudge in the correct direction and you provided that. Now I need to learn how to use ORC. Any links to guides or tutorials would be appreciated.

Cheers!
VB
vbrabble
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio