A few newbie questions

Forums: A few newbie questions
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

A few newbie questions

Postby helgeras » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:51 pm

helgeras Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:51 pm
Hi,
I am new to the daz plugin (but not to Octane as such), and have a few questions. More may pop up later.

Is there a way to dock the render view? I can dock the controls, but cannot figure out how to dock the render window.

Normally the render view stays on top, which is fine. But today, for some reason, it did not anymore, and I don't know why. Is there a button somewhere I accidentally clicked?

Finally, in the Poser plugin, there was a script I could run to create objects for each light in the scene. Is there such a thing available for the Daz plugin?

Regards,
Helge
helgeras
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: A few newbie questions

Postby larsmidnatt » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:33 am

larsmidnatt Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:33 am
1. I don't think so since its not integrated into daz that way. Basically daz doesn't know it even exists. I could be wrong but..been using it a long time and don't think it is possible.

2. I don't think so, can't say I've had that happen. I don't think there is a button to do this. Maybe a bug? Does it still do it? After restarting studio?

3. I don't believe so.
Win10 x64
i9 10900k 64GB
2080S 8GB
DS 4.15 OcDS Prime ^_^
larsmidnatt
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby helgeras » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:33 pm

helgeras Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:33 pm
Ok, thanks for the answer.
I have no idea why the render window suddenly could go behind the main daz view. It was only that one session and after restart it was back to having the render window on top.
helgeras
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:18 pm

face_off Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:18 pm
I have no idea why the render window suddenly could go behind the main daz view. It was only that one session and after restart it was back to having the render window on top.
Sounds like a DAZStudio or Windows bug that has resulted in the Window behavior not being correct. I have not seen this before. I suggest updating to the latest version of Nvidia drivers and DAZStudio.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby wader » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:39 pm

wader Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:39 pm
face_off wrote:
Sounds like a DAZStudio or Windows bug that has resulted in the Window behavior not being correct. I have not seen this before. I suggest updating to the latest version of Nvidia drivers and DAZStudio.

This happens to me periodically, as well. It's not the worst symptom in the world, as minimizing the main Daz window and restoring it brings Octane's viewport back to the top (as one way to do it). I've noticed that this behavior stays constant for each new opening of the viewport until either Daz or the system is restarted - as if something in the environment makes the Octane window z-order behave this way.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Ryzen 9 5950X | ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE | 64GB |{ASUS ROG Strix GTX 3090 24GB + (2x) Titan X Pascal 12GB}
wader
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio