OctaneRender 4 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 4 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender 4 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Postby rajib » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:09 am

rajib Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:09 am
RGUS wrote:
cyprine wrote:hi !
updated to 4.0041 (from an old 3.something)
even with the simple cube the renderer seems stuck at building geometry - or displaying *rendering* string but the yellow bar ping pong-ing left and right with no other result.
i've erased the previous octane settings..

using daz 4.10.0.123
win 7
what am i missing ?

edit: i just needed to update my gpu drivers, works now !

But usually only for a little while then bam! it happens again bars slide back and forth, back and forth. I find sometimes if you render "final" it works and then stop it, it renders ok, and sometimes, I have to load DAZ Studio and the scene again to make it work, but hey... this last method still beats iRAY for rendering by 2 minutes.

I have faced this before. I generally do a Pause and Continue and if that doesn't work, do a Reload On Demand or Reload Forced. Sometimes I get a white progress bar. When that happens, nothing actually renders but the progress bar moves at speed as though rendering an empty scene. For this too I generally do a Reload On Demand or Reload Forced.
Windows 10 Pro i9-9980XE 128GB RAM|4 x Titan RTX
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
NVIDIA 460.89 Studio Standard
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rajib » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:22 am

rajib Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:22 am
Hi Paul,

I am getting the Folder not valid error often when I change the Map import path under Preferences. The folder is valid. But every time I select it, it gives that error.

MapImportPaathError.jpg
Invalid path error

To me the Map cache path and Map import path should not change per scene load. They should be set one time and should remain the same unless changed from the Preferences tab. But somehow loading an older scene seem to change that (based on what the path was when that scene was saved).

Also by mistake if one selects the Map cache folder as the Map import path folder and then try to correct the Map import path then it recursively copies the folders under Map cache to ImportedMaps and if one does not kill Daz Studio within seconds it creates thousands of sub folders and basically all the disk space would get eaten up.

RecursiveFolderCreation.jpg
Recursive ImportMaps folder creation

This to me is a serious bug. User will just keep waiting for the moving files dialog to close and in the meantime in the background it will be recursively copying the folders and if this happens on the c: drive and that becomes full, there will be trouble. And after a certain number of sub folders are created, SHIFT+Del does not delete the sub folders. Also trying to delete from the Command Prompt (CMD) does not work as the path becomes more than MAX_PATH. So now I am stuck.

ErrorInDeletingFromCMD.jpg
Error in deleting from the command prompt.

I finally had to format my disk to remove the thousands of sub folder that were created. Luckily for me that disk I only as a cache disk so nothing important was there.

Regards,
Rajib
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rajib » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:07 am

rajib Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:07 am
Hi Paul,

I have started to get the crash on the new system. This time in a different Octane API. I was adjusting the OnMyBrows (Eyebrows) parameter within Daz Studio parameter tab while the Octane Render viiewport was open and rendering when it just crashed.

Crash.jpg
Octane Crash

Regards,
Rajib
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby larsmidnatt » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:24 pm

larsmidnatt Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:24 pm
Question, has anyone else noticed that "final" mode renders way slower than when the button is off. In the past it was a bit faster. Now I may go from say 2Ms/sec down to 0.5Ms/sec with final render. I've been able to replicate this in multiple scenes. I've tried changing some of the final render options in the preferences and none seem to matter. I was wondering if final render is using some of the newer features by default and you can't shut them off maybe?
Win10 x64
i9 10900k 64GB
2080S 8GB
DS 4.15 OcDS Prime ^_^
larsmidnatt
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rajib » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:02 pm

rajib Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:02 pm
larsmidnatt wrote:Question, has anyone else noticed that "final" mode renders way slower than when the button is off. In the past it was a bit faster. Now I may go from say 2Ms/sec down to 0.5Ms/sec with final render. I've been able to replicate this in multiple scenes. I've tried changing some of the final render options in the preferences and none seem to matter. I was wondering if final render is using some of the newer features by default and you can't shut them off maybe?

I just did a test. For me the Final mode was very slightly faster than the normal render.
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rajib » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:00 am

rajib Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:00 am
Hi all,

All the crashes I have reported with the Octane plugin seems to be related to Out-Of-Core memory setting. I have reported it to Otoy. If you are interested you can check out viewtopic.php?f=12&t=70211#p354296. I am now totally stable. No more crashes / BSOD.

Regards,
Rajib
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rajib » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:40 am

rajib Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:40 am
Hi Paul,

While loading my older scenes, I have started to see "bogus scene path" and "could not find file or directory 'assets\<...>' a lot and it looks like you have taken care of cleaning those when the file is saved again. The next time the file is opened after saving, those entries are no longer there in the log.

Similar to this can I ask an option to clean up the environment setting and render settings list drop down ? I have scene files with way too many render setting and environment setting listed as i experimented with the settings and saved them.

EnvironmentList.jpg
Example Environment list with too many items.

I can think of 2 ways to implement it. One - provide a delete button next to the item within the render setting / environment setting list so that we can click that to remove all the unwanted ones; or two - at the time of saving, show a popup with all the render setting / environments setting list and allow user to select and delete unwanted ones. This will help to clean up the scene files.

Or can I get the format and section in which these are stored in the DAZ duf file ? I will then write a script / plugin that will provide that option to the users to clean up the render settings / environment settings.

Best regards,
Rajib
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rajib » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:21 am

rajib Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:21 am
rajib wrote:Hi Paul,

While loading my older scenes, I have started to see "bogus scene path" and "could not find file or directory 'assets\<...>' a lot and it looks like you have taken care of cleaning those when the file is saved again. The next time the file is opened after saving, those entries are no longer there in the log.

Similar to this can I ask an option to clean up the environment setting and render settings list drop down ? I have scene files with way too many render setting and environment setting listed as i experimented with the settings and saved them.

EnvironmentList.jpg

I can think of 2 ways to implement it. One - provide a delete button next to the item within the render setting / environment setting list so that we can click that to remove all the unwanted ones; or two - at the time of saving, show a popup with all the render setting / environments setting list and allow user to select and delete unwanted ones. This will help to clean up the scene files.

Or can I get the format and section in which these are stored in the DAZ duf file ? I will then write a script / plugin that will provide that option to the users to clean up the render settings / environment settings.

Best regards,
Rajib

I did try to open the DUF file and search for one of my Environment Setting name but could not locate it. If is under some BASE64 encoding ?
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:37 am

face_off Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:37 am
Can't you just select the Environment and click the X button to delete it?

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:08 am

face_off Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:08 am
I am getting the Folder not valid error often when I change the Map import path under Preferences. The folder is valid. But every time I select it, it gives that error
You will get that error if you try to change the Map Import Path to the Map Cache Path + "ImportedMaps". I /think/ this is a bug, so I will remove this check in the next release.

EDIT....

Also by mistake if one selects the Map cache folder as the Map import path folder and then try to correct the Map import path then it recursively copies the folders under Map cache to ImportedMaps and if one does not kill Daz Studio within seconds it creates thousands of sub folders and basically all the disk space would get eaten up.
I will put a check in to make sure you cannot do this.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio