Hair and other models in wrong positions

Forums: Hair and other models in wrong positions
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Hair and other models in wrong positions

Postby SparkieShock » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:45 am

SparkieShock Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:45 am
When I load up some of my genesis 3 and 8 characters sometimes they're facing the wrong direction ... in the DAZ camera they're facing a certain way .. in the Octane viewport their facing another way .. and things like hair .. and genital models are not even remotely close to being where they should be.

I have found the only way to work around this is to move the character a foot to the left or right .. rebuild the scene .. and then use Crtl Z to put him back in the right position and rebuild the scene once again. Most of the time this makes everything snap back into place.

What gives? .. Why can't octane get it right the first time? Is there a setting I need to enable to get this. It's most annoying when assets are not showing in their correct positions and one has to faff about rebuilding the scene sometimes more than twice and move stuff around. This has happened to me many times.

Thanks for all advice and help.
Win 10 Pro Edition - Intel i0 10900X - X299 MB - 128GB's KINGSTON FURY 3200 RAM - 2x RTX A6000 GPU's - 1300 Watt Power
DAZ3D - BLENDER - OCTANE STANDALONE and PLUGIN FOR DAZ - OCTANE PRIME for DAZ
SparkieShock
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Hair and other models in wrong positions

Postby face_off » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:31 pm

face_off Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:31 pm
I have never seen this happen, and have no had other reports of it. You haven't provide any of the details requested in https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=55214), so I can't really help you. However it sounds like you have found a reasonable workaround.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby SparkieShock » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:41 pm

SparkieShock Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:41 pm
It happens every time I load up my characters. As for providing details I can send you a DUF of a scene .. and if you compare the locations of people and hair and gens to where they should be in DAZ .. they're not right. I'll send that to the forum link you suggest.
Win 10 Pro Edition - Intel i0 10900X - X299 MB - 128GB's KINGSTON FURY 3200 RAM - 2x RTX A6000 GPU's - 1300 Watt Power
SparkieShock
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ForceX » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:44 pm

ForceX Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:44 pm
Yah this happens a lot. When it does happen I just click the Reload-->Rebuild Scene at the bottom of the OctaneRender Viewport window.

The only way I can think that this happens is like this.

1. Items get loaded into the scene in their vanilla state.
2. DAZ is busy preventing any other application on the pc to function. Try using the internet while DAZ is loading nothing works.
2a. Octane caches the object out of order because of step 2.
3. The scene continues to load applying position changes, morphs and DAZ materials.
4. Octane loads it's materials at end.

It seams Octane caches the objects geometry at the wrong time (because of DAZ busyness) and steps 2,2a,3 kind of get swirled together executing in a non linear manner and we get geometry that is out of place.

It's just a theory.
Solution perhaps make sure Octane does not cache anything until the scene or object has loaded 100%?
ForceX
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby SparkieShock » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:48 pm

SparkieShock Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:48 pm
Well that's good to know it's not just me. And yeah I do tend to sit watching youtube whilst things are loading .. perhaps I'll assign that to my other PC.

I susupect you're right .. that it's a combination of DAZ and Octane loading things before morphs are applied all that. Doing things out of order. I do find though that rebuilding the scene doesn't help at first .. I have to translate and rotate my guys a bit .. the rebuild .. and then it behaves itself. I guess it's not the worst thing in the world .. but sometimes I worry with 'rebuiding' as I've had many a crash after hitting that button. Though I'll admit lately rebuilding has been working properly.
SparkieShock
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio