Group selecting an changing of settings in materials?

Forums: Group selecting an changing of settings in materials?
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Group selecting an changing of settings in materials?

Postby SparkieShock » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:41 am

SparkieShock Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:41 am
Okay .. so here's a thing. In DAZ if I wanted one of my characters to have a nice shine to their skin I would go to the surfaces tab .. select the appropraite skin masterials by holding down control .. and clicking on the various surfaces ... and then I could group manipulate the dual lobe glossiness or regualr glossy settings and effect this change to them all. Thus saving time having to do it one at a time.

Is there a way to do this with Octane ... because if I control click a bunch of things it's only changing settings for the last thing I selected and not everything that's highlighted.

OR ... is there a better way to affect skin reflections and come up with a nice well oiled skin surface?
Win 10 Pro Edition - Intel i0 10900X - X299 MB - 128GB's KINGSTON FURY 3200 RAM - 2x RTX A6000 GPU's - 1300 Watt Power
DAZ3D - BLENDER - OCTANE STANDALONE and PLUGIN FOR DAZ - OCTANE PRIME for DAZ
SparkieShock
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Group selecting an changing of settings in materials?

Postby face_off » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:23 am

face_off Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:23 am
Is there a way to do this with Octane ... because if I control click a bunch of things it's only changing settings for the last thing I selected and not everything that's highlighted.
You cannot edit multiple Octane materials simultaneously.

is there a better way to affect skin reflections and come up with a nice well oiled skin surface?
Have a look at the RedSpec shaders.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby SparkieShock » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:27 pm

SparkieShock Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:27 pm
I see. Well that makes things a bit harder to organize .. I find myself going crosseyed trying to find the beginning and ending of one attribute slot .. (Diffusion just blurs into bump which blurs into specular .. etc). But I'll manage.

In terms of applying this RedSpec shader that you speak of, how does one applythat without removing the skin texture that's already there. Does it just add on top?
I'm rather used to adding the Dual Lobe glossiness in DAZ which is like a third level of glossiness and when I'm trying to align all the bodies skin textures (you gotta remember a lot of my bodies are naked and getting certain body parts to match the rest is important), so I usually group select skin groups and then apply dual lobe.

It's not such a big deal that I have to do it one skin group at a time in Octane .. in fact after a few days's of this I'm getting better at it (made a really REALLY awesome version of He-man looking very damn fine) but I find the skin gloss just a little underwhelming. But otherwise I like how his skin looks. So does this redSpec add to his current layers?

I've had some use of Nodes within Blender and DaVinci Resolve but I have zero clue how to make them do anything. Anything I plug or unplug just makes my image go to crap :P
Actually yeah ... is there any tutorial videos on the nodes .. and like how to use them properly. Seems like an entire course in of itself .. but a necessary one to get the most out of Octane.
Win 10 Pro Edition - Intel i0 10900X - X299 MB - 128GB's KINGSTON FURY 3200 RAM - 2x RTX A6000 GPU's - 1300 Watt Power
DAZ3D - BLENDER - OCTANE STANDALONE and PLUGIN FOR DAZ - OCTANE PRIME for DAZ
SparkieShock
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:26 pm

face_off Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:26 pm
You can get some details on the RedSpec shaders at https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=119. You can also look at templating - https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=54497.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to DAZ Studio