Octane 4 for daz release date?

Forums: Octane 4 for daz release date?
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Octane 4 for daz release date?

Postby frewinhu » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:58 am

frewinhu Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:58 am
Octane 4 has just been release, just wondering when they are going to release the octane 4 plugin for daz.
frewinhu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane 4 for daz release date?

Postby TRRazor » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:57 am

TRRazor Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:57 am
As you may have noticed, some of the 3.8x features have already been integrated in some of the other plug-ins.
The announcement video you saw (the one from Otoy's homepage here https://youtu.be/6xE3J56pabk) is supposed to highlight the features coming AFTER all the other 3.8x features up to 3.9x were integrated into the DAZ Studio plug-in.

I wouldn't bet on anything soon, since OR4 is probably still months away.
W10 64 bit | i7 3770K | MSI Geforce RTX 2080 (8GB) + GTX Titan Black (6GB) | 32 GB DDR3 RAM
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby frewinhu » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:45 am

frewinhu Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:45 am
TRRazor wrote:As you may have noticed, some of the 3.8x features have already been integrated in some of the other plug-ins.
The announcement video you saw (the one from Otoy's homepage here https://youtu.be/6xE3J56pabk) is supposed to highlight the features coming AFTER all the other 3.8x features up to 3.9x were integrated into the DAZ Studio plug-in.

The thing i want the most from octane 4 is the faster geometry loading. I want to edit my character and see morphs happen in real time with the renderview open. I dont want to have to wait for octane to do the "building geometry" thing everytime i make a small morph tweak or posing tweak. It would be great to just have it be like any other 3d program, model, edit, pose with the renderview open 24/7 so i can see my edits under the lighting i want.

I basically want my octane viewport to be my main viewport, and not have to ever look back at the default daz viewport. My computer is good enough to render and run in real time, but htis building geometry loading screen really pisses me off.
frewinhu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TRRazor » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:32 pm

TRRazor Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:32 pm
I hear you ,man.
I totally agree with you, that the geometry building could be sped up significantly.

Let's see what Paul is gonna come up with :)
W10 64 bit | i7 3770K | MSI Geforce RTX 2080 (8GB) + GTX Titan Black (6GB) | 32 GB DDR3 RAM
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jibbles10 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:26 pm

jibbles10 Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:26 pm
frewinhu wrote:
TRRazor wrote:As you may have noticed, some of the 3.8x features have already been integrated in some of the other plug-ins.

The thing i want the most from octane 4 is the faster geometry loading. I want to edit my character and see morphs happen in real time with the renderview open. I dont want to have to wait for octane to do the "building geometry" thing everytime i make a small morph tweak or posing tweak. It would be great to just have it be like any other 3d program, model, edit, pose with the renderview open 24/7 so i can see my edits under the lighting i want.

I basically want my octane viewport to be my main viewport, and not have to ever look back at the default daz viewport. My computer is good enough to render and run in real time, but htis building geometry loading screen really pisses me off.

Yeah I agree, that would be a great if Octane 4 could update the geometry in real time.
jibbles10
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio