NGE Not updating the nodes

Forums: NGE Not updating the nodes
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

NGE Not updating the nodes

Postby parsanice » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:08 pm

parsanice Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:08 pm
Hello,
I've downloaded the demo for the plugin, not sure if it's worth it to move to octane from Iray with so many bugs I've already seen.
When I select a material and click to see the NGE, the nodes load, I add a node from the left side list (drag and drop), nothing happens.
I search all over the node grid, nowhere to be found. I re-render, close and open NGE, nothing really works. Except for when I right click on select to arrange the nodes, then suddenly the noise appears. but now all other nodes are all over the place.

Btw, whenever I make any changes in the converted materials, the program immediately crashes.

Are these only happening in the demo version? How can I be sure not to have these problems with the paid version?

Thanks in advance.
MB: Gigabyte Designare-EX X99
GPU: 2x Asus Strix 1070 OC
RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 32 Gb
CPU: Core i7 - 5820k
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w
1x SSD & 2 HDDs
parsanice
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: NGE Not updating the nodes

Postby face_off » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:48 am

face_off Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:48 am
Sorry you are having these issues. I am not aware of any users having these problems with the full version. You could try the Subscription version if you are in doubt.

To add a node in the NGE, mouseover the node list on the left, and drag the required node onto the canvas. You then need to plug that node into an input pin of another node in order for that node to be used.

If you post screenshots showing the problems you are having, I can offer more information.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby parsanice » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:34 am

parsanice Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:34 am
face_off wrote:Sorry you are having these issues. I am not aware of any users having these problems with the full version. You could try the Subscription version if you are in doubt.

To add a node in the NGE, mouseover the node list on the left, and drag the required node onto the canvas. You then need to plug that node into an input pin of another node in order for that node to be used.

If you post screenshots showing the problems you are having, I can offer more information.

Paul

Thank you,
I do drag the node, though when I release the mouse button (the + sign appears on the cursor) nothing happens, it clearly isn't working right. The added node only appears when I choose to auto-arrange the nodes.
Attached a video of the problem.

The crashes, however - when I load a character in Daz 3D and it converts the mats, when I go to the octane material list and select Torso, for example, the nodes load (the other bug is present here too, can't add anything) but when I select the scattering node or change other nodes, it crashes. I couldn't get it on video as it was working fine now, but it's still unusable without being able to add nodes.

Can't use the Subscription version unfortunately, because of some other issues from my side.

edit: It just crashed now, after 'moving' some of the existing nodes. attached a screenshot of the error along with the error report.
Attachments
DAZStudio_error_report_170907-150726.zip
(164.59 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
3.JPG

ScreenRec 09-07-17 at 02.49 PM.wmv [ 7.57 MiB | Viewed 3340 times ]

1x SSD & 2 HDDs
parsanice
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:34 am

face_off Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:34 am
Thanks for the additional info. What hardware are you running pls? (specifically - RAM & graphics cards)

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby parsanice » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:08 pm

parsanice Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:08 pm
face_off wrote:Thanks for the additional info. What hardware are you running pls? (specifically - RAM & graphics cards)

Paul

It's in my signature?
Ram: Corsair Vengence LPX 32 GB (2400MHz)
GPU: 2x Asus Strix Gtx 1070 OC
Windows 10
1x SSD & 2 HDDs
parsanice
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:49 pm

face_off Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:49 pm
My apologies. I thought perhaps you were running out of VRAM, but I doubt that would be possible with 8GB VRAM.

I'm sorry - but I have no explanation for the issues you are having. No one else has reported them - so it's possible it's an issue with the DEMO version of the plugin, but not the regular or subscription versions.

When the next Octane API demo version is available (in the next few weeks?), I will do another build of the demo version of the plugin, and hopefully that will resolve your issue.

I'm sorry I can't be more help.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby parsanice » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:57 pm

parsanice Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:57 pm
face_off wrote:My apologies. I thought perhaps you were running out of VRAM, but I doubt that would be possible with 8GB VRAM.

I'm sorry - but I have no explanation for the issues you are having. No one else has reported them - so it's possible it's an issue with the DEMO version of the plugin, but not the regular or subscription versions.

When the next Octane API demo version is available (in the next few weeks?), I will do another build of the demo version of the plugin, and hopefully that will resolve your issue.

I'm sorry I can't be more help.

Paul

Well it's okay, thank you for your support so far.
I'm originally a Cinema 4D Octane user, so perhaps I can get around this with exporting my scene and render with cinema's octane.
Or maybe just stick with Iray and deal with the noise! Haven't really made the final decision yet.

Thank you very much.
1x SSD & 2 HDDs
parsanice
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio