Better "My Presets" organization?

Forums: Better "My Presets" organization?
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Better "My Presets" organization?

Postby birdovous » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:11 am

birdovous Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:11 am
Am I the only one who could use a slightly better level of being able to organize materials in the "My Presets" tab of the plugin? For me, it would be enough if there was a way to define "Groups" so the material list could be sorted in a similar way the "Live DB" tab enables you to.

One other thing on my mind may actually be sort of a "bug" as I noticed that when I open a NGE for a material, then I can drag and drop a material from the Live DB list into the NGE window and it appears there as a compacted material brick I can then connect to a surface or use as a building block for the material I'm editing at the moment. However, I also noticed that the same is not possible for materials from the My Presets tab. Those simply can't be drag and dropped to an NGE window in order to achieve the same level of flexibility as with the Live DB ones. Or does this work and I'm the only one who has this broken (which would not really surprise me)? :D
Birdovous
Master: Core i7 2600K, 32GB RAM, 2x EVGA GTX Titan X (SC)
Slave 1: Core i5 4460, 16GB RAM, 2x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
Slave 2: Core i7 9700K, 64GB RAM, 2x ASUS RTX 2080 Ti
birdovous
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Better "My Presets" organization?

Postby Hydra » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:12 pm

Hydra Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:12 pm
Many have asked... that answer is no.
-----------------
Intel i7-4790K, Asus Z97-A, Corsair 32GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9, 2XAsus STRIX GTX980 DirectCU II OC 4GB, 4XSamsung 840 EVO Raid 10, Win 7 x64 Pro.
Hydra
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Better "My Presets" organization?

Postby face_off » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:22 am

face_off Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:22 am
Am I the only one who could use a slightly better level of being able to organize materials in the "My Presets" tab of the plugin? For me, it would be enough if there was a way to define "Groups" so the material list could be sorted in a similar way the "Live DB" tab enables you to.
Hi - this is not something that can be done in the near future.

One other thing on my mind may actually be sort of a "bug" as I noticed that when I open a NGE for a material, then I can drag and drop a material from the Live DB list into the NGE window and it appears there as a compacted material brick I can then connect to a surface or use as a building block for the material I'm editing at the moment. However, I also noticed that the same is not possible for materials from the My Presets tab. Those simply can't be drag and dropped to an NGE window in order to achieve the same level of flexibility as with the Live DB ones. Or does this work and I'm the only one who has this broken (which would not really surprise me)?
I was able to drag and drop my preset materials into the NGE.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to DAZ Studio