Bump Power Too Strong with Default Settings/ Fix?

Forums: Bump Power Too Strong with Default Settings/ Fix?
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Bump Power Too Strong with Default Settings/ Fix?

Postby jibbles10 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:27 am

jibbles10 Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:27 am
I noticed the bump power seems to be too high when I load any character or scene, sometimes there will be mismatched bump powers on certain characters making the skin look mismatched as well.

Genesis 3 female for example the skin is very porous (See Picture) I usually have to go in and bring down the bump Power for each body part to get it to look normal.

I am using the default Daz and Octane presets when loading a character, am I missing a setting that is causing the bump to be set too high?
Attachments
StrongBUmp.PNG
jibbles10
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Bump Power Too Strong with Default Settings/ Fix?

Postby face_off » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:56 am

face_off Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:56 am
Yes, you are right - and I have noticed this before but not found an explanation. For me it is only happening on Genesis 8. To fix this, set the Preferences->Texture Settings->Bump Map to 0.05 and reconvert your materials. If you work out why this has changed with Genesis 8, pls let me know!

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Bump Power Too Strong with Default Settings/ Fix?

Postby jibbles10 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:22 am

jibbles10 Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:22 am
face_off wrote:Yes, you are right - and I have noticed this before but not found an explanation. For me it is only happening on Genesis 8. To fix this, set the Preferences->Texture Settings->Bump Map to 0.05 and reconvert your materials. If you work out why this has changed with Genesis 8, pls let me know!

Paul

Great! Thanks Paul that worked. Yes Genesis 3 bumps come in very high, but are all evenly set at one level, but Genesis 8's head, torso, legs were at one bump level, and the arms were at another (and the default bump is too set high as well.)

I just figured maybe it was something you have to program in and compensate for on your end. But your saying it may be a Daz issue in the materials?

If I come across something I'll let you know. It's been a long while since I used Daz, I'm trying to figure it's workflow again, I just started because I wanted to use Genesis 3, I had mostly focused on Poser and Octane previously...Thanks
jibbles10
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio