How to Light with Mesh Lighting

Forums: How to Light with Mesh Lighting
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

How to Light with Mesh Lighting

Postby blueeagle327 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:09 pm

blueeagle327 Wed May 24, 2017 11:09 pm
Hello Everyone

Maybe this a silly question, but I have some dificult in get any good tutorial about lighting with Octane DAZ Studio. I tried to light an scene with a 3 point light set made with primitives planes that I created in DAZ Studio, then I converted them in a light surce (simple). My concern is not knowing some principles of what power is best to get more defined light or maybe how big need to be the plane in order to get more soft light, and the questions go on.
I used to light with Iray mesh but I know in Octane is all diferent.
So my question is someone can help me out where to look at to learn how to get really good light in my scenes ?

Thanks in advance

Pablo
blueeagle327
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: How to Light with Mesh Lighting

Postby Rik56 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:01 pm

Rik56 Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:01 pm
If there is some write up I would interested as well, I guess for starters you can set up simple scene and experiment.

One tip I have is for positioning the lights, I find it a bit awkward moving the plane and then wondering what it does in the viewport. What I started doing is I create a camera and parent the plane to the camera. That way I just switch to the camera, look at what I want to light up and it sets up the light. Now that I think about it, you could probably create daz light and parent it to the camera as well, that way you get some feedback directly in the daz viewport.

Rik56
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: How to Light with Mesh Lighting

Postby blueeagle327 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:30 pm

blueeagle327 Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:30 pm
Thanks for the info, I would try this. It's a shame that not any useful light system similar Cinema 4D. Also there is a lot of tutorial relative with lighting. Hope there will be a chance in future update to import mesh light or some light from DAZ to Octane. Again thanks !!!
blueeagle327
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio