noob question about Daz lights in OctaneLive

Forums: noob question about Daz lights in OctaneLive
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

noob question about Daz lights in OctaneLive

Postby totoscarantino » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:07 pm

totoscarantino Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:07 pm
Hello, im using OctaneLive last stable version plugin for DAZ and im happy with the faster render even if im using just an HPZ440 system with a quadro k620 for display and a k1200 for render purpose, it is enough for me at the moment to test and experiment for fun, im hobbist user and I hope to add another quadro or geforce10xx within this summer .

now the question..a noob one, is there a way to render with the Octanelive daz plugin a scene with just lights (distant, spot or iray ones ecc..) in scene without any environments lights (like sunlight or others), i could do easly in Iray render (Scene Dome SunSky..you know..)...

I gave just an eye on the octane tutorials but imbit confused it seem lights can be render in the standalone version but in teh plugin version cant find any clear info..(must admit i didnt read alot...spend just 2 hours loking on this forum).

Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my bad english and overall for being noob on this

Salvatore
totoscarantino
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: noob question about Daz lights in OctaneLive

Postby totoscarantino » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:16 pm

totoscarantino Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:16 pm
Ok sorry nevermind i found the trick, i was missing materials and forgot to use create as automaterials also for lights missing materials, after Octane found material light seem works as intended, i just set no environment lights and everything works fine.

thx anyway
totoscarantino
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: noob question about Daz lights in OctaneLive

Postby ClairObscur » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:57 pm

ClairObscur Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:57 pm
3 way i create a light :

1/ in the Environnement Window :

a) Default daylight Environnement (is like a sun light)

b) Default HDR Environnement (if you use HDRI for exemple)
Remember to use Projection/spherical

2/ On daz, create a "plane" - The light direction is Y (green arrow)
When you made the plane, go to material and use "Emission" > "Blackbody" (if you want a white light)
(you can also right click and select "create as a new light source > simple.. ect..)

Hope that will help you.

C.O
Intel Core I7-3770K | 16Gb Ram | Gigabits GTX 970 Overclocked 4Gb DDR5| SSD Crucial Adrenaline 64Gb | W7Pro 64bits | Octane 3.x + OCDS 3.x
ClairObscur
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio