RedSpec TGX tailored MK3 for G3F & G8F is here!

Forums: RedSpec TGX tailored MK3 for G3F & G8F is here!
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: RedSpec TGX tailored MK3 for G3F is here!

Postby TRRazor » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:54 am

TRRazor Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:54 am
I cannot reproduce the issue described by you.
Neither with the Normal Map nor with the Bump Map only presets am I getting seams between the Torso and the Genitalia material zone to show up.
Did you reinstall using the above mentioned procedure?

Are you using the 2-click presets?
Did you wait for at least around 300-400 S/P for the render to clear up?
Which genitalia prop are you using exactly?
And which character textures are you using, where the issue would arise?
W10 64 bit | i7 3770K | MSI Geforce RTX 2080 (8GB) + GTX Titan Black (6GB) | 32 GB DDR3 RAM
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: RedSpec TGX tailored MK3 for G3F & G8F is here!

Postby Hydra » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:43 pm

Hydra Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:43 pm
So... to delve deeper.. I loaded the shaders raw... (RedSpecTGX_tailored_mk3_daz3d_gen3females_ds.duf) No Genesis 3 Female was loaded. Torso and Gens were identical shaders. Every parameter was the same except references to the appropriate Redspec textures. (SSS, Spec..)

I started a new project and loaded a G3F model applied gens, then textures. https://www.daz3d.com/blaire-for-genesis-3-female-s The character looks fine in render... the pasty Octane default translation.

I then applied the bump map Redspec shader to (RS TGX MK3 G3F BO Body.duf) and then selected the gens and applied the bump map shader for gens to that. (RS TGX MK3 G3F BO Genitalia.duf).

Without doing anything else, the shader is very very different. The gens have a gray scale 'power', while the torso has a colored texture. I believe that means the wrong shader was loaded.

In Octane Materials I then selected all the textures on Genesis 3 and Gens and did a 'Replace All Active Maps'. In render, the gens are clearly a different color.

If I manually change each difference (10? total) the gens have to the torso to the torso's values, render is flawless.

I have uploaded two pictures of the top of the redspec shaders so that you can see that they are different and will cause some serious discoloration.
Torso
Torso.jpg
Torso Texture loaded and active maps replaced.

Gens
Gens.jpg
Gens Texture loaded and active maps replaced.
-----------------
Intel i7-4790K, Asus Z97-A, Corsair 32GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9, 2XAsus STRIX GTX980 DirectCU II OC 4GB, 4XSamsung 840 EVO Raid 10, Win 7 x64 Pro.
Hydra
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TRRazor » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:37 pm

TRRazor Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:37 pm
This makes many things clearer, and explains why you've been encountering these problems.
You're using a workflow for the Genesis 8 Female figures, which is not supported anymore by us. To be frank - we've stopped supporting this workflow with the original MK3 shaders for Genesis 3 Females, since it is way less convenient than the method we're currently using.
Loading the .duf-file to work with the shaders, is not required anymore. You can simply start with a plain and empty scene.

Most importantly:
We've introduced 2-click-presets with RedSpec TGX tailored MK3 for Genesis 3 Females. These are MUCH easier to apply to a figure, as it is all done within 4 mouse-clicks and you don't need to manually drag-and drop materials anymore.

Applying these, is explained in full in this brief video tutorial here: https://vimeo.com/196940156 (the video is for the Genesis 3 Female shader but it works just the same for the Genesis 8 Females).

Please use these, as I've mentioned above, the "old" dragging and dropping isn't supported anymore. The file you're trying to use is not meant to work with Genesis 8 Females, plus, it was created with a much older version of the OctaneRender for DAZ Studio plug-in and it would surprise me, if it would still work at all at this point, since there have been many updates to the plug-in since.

Sorry, for the inconvenience this created for you thus far...
W10 64 bit | i7 3770K | MSI Geforce RTX 2080 (8GB) + GTX Titan Black (6GB) | 32 GB DDR3 RAM
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hydra » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:12 pm

Hydra Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:12 pm
Did you even read my post at all? Please read my previous post.

What I described in that previous post was that I loaded the shader the old way... JUST TO EXAMINE IT. No other reason. I showed that I saw that the duf had identical shaders in the duf. I showed nothing else.

Second Paragraph states that I started a new project. Got it? That means no draggy droppy. I followed the new process verbatim. Are we clear here?

Please please please read what I said in my previous post.
-----------------
Intel i7-4790K, Asus Z97-A, Corsair 32GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9, 2XAsus STRIX GTX980 DirectCU II OC 4GB, 4XSamsung 840 EVO Raid 10, Win 7 x64 Pro.
Hydra
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TRRazor » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:32 pm

TRRazor Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:32 pm
I see what you are talking about now. I'm not really sure how this could have sneaked by our testers. Sorry!
I'll see about the internal testing procedure and will issue an update, which will also include the eyelashes from G8F converted to G3F as a feature, which was requested by users.

The fix should come out this week, I'll post it here, once it is out.
For the time being, you can use the Genesis 8 Female genitalia shader (Normal Map or Bump Map only preset) on a G8F and/or G3F figure / genitalia as these don't include this problem and should render without issues. These share the same shader structure as the torso material.
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hydra » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:52 pm

Hydra Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:52 pm
Dude... Take this offline... email me directly, and I'll test for you. I have no issues with doing that.
-----------------
Hydra
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TRRazor » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:54 pm

TRRazor Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:54 pm
I can't have you test something I didn't create / fix yet.
This is something I will be doing tomorrow, since I have a dayjob and will go to bed now.

I appreciate the offer, but we do have beta testers already. I've talked to them already about the issue.
Also: The rest of the shader is perfectly fine, there is no need to take it offline. I will redistribute the fixed files asap.
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: RedSpec TGX tailored MK3 for G3F is here!

Postby DrHemulen » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:42 pm

DrHemulen Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:42 pm
TRRazor wrote:We just started rolling out this mandatory update for all TGX tailored MK3 for Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 Female customers.
This contains corrections to files, which contained wrong references and thus loaded wrong values into some node dials in OctaneRender.

We recommend a fresh install of the 2-click presets, you can do this by doing the following:
- Browse to the folder where you installed the folder named "extract_to_DS_content_directory" the last time
- Browse to People\Genesis 3 Female\Materials\RedSpec SSS\RedSped TGX tailored MK3 for Genesis 3 Females and delete it
- Browse to People\Genesis 8 Female\Materials\RedSpec SSS\RedSped TGX tailored MK3 for Genesis 8 Females and delete it
- Extract the updated .zip file to the above mentioned folder.

This should leave you with a fresh install of the 2-click presets.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Should you have questions regarding the shaders or the update, please post them here, or in the comments section of the corresponding post of our deviantArt live journal entry

Thanks and Happy Rendering

Noel

I just tried this, and I'm getting getting the same results as earlier with the gen material. I double checked, and the newest files in the new material folders is from july 1st, so it should be reading the new files. I deleted everything first as instructed, and I'm applying via 2 click presets.
Still getting a different material on the genitals, still missing an eyelashes material.

Lips seem to be fixed, but it has an empty spec map channel. I suspect that this is where you static spec images with the levels are supposed to go? The glossiness goes away if I load the normal spec map there.

Some smaller things have changed:
Previously applying the genital material also changed it to look different from the body material in the DAZ viewport. This doesn't happen now.
Previously the materials in OCDS were named G8F, that's G3F now.
GTX 780, 6 gigs of VRAM - Win 7 Home Premium 64 bits
DrHemulen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TRRazor » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:00 pm

TRRazor Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:00 pm
As mentioned in my last post, there will be an update this weekend, fixing the issues that you mention here.

EDIT; The update will come with a short delay. It should be out by Wednesday.
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby DrHemulen » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:57 pm

DrHemulen Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:57 pm
Cool, I missed that post.
GTX 780, 6 gigs of VRAM - Win 7 Home Premium 64 bits
DrHemulen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio